S&P reached a record high in January

48 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Is anyone buy this? I mean, even some of the Trumpers must see the BS on this.

• 9 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 9:34 AM, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Amazing! Thank you President Trump!

It’s so good to have competent leadership!

down about 700 points since this post.   currently down about 1400 from the highest point about 3 weeks after the OP.  we still have the holiday spending season to come but i wonder....did someone count their chickens before the eggs were hatched?

• Plus1 2

It blows my mind how so many people don't understand how the stock market actually works. As it has always been said regarding the market, what goes up must come down because it obviously can't continue to climb forever or everyone would be filthy rich. The stock market is greatly influenced by consumer confidence. Hints why it skyrocketed right after the 2016 election when Trump was elected POTUS and Republicans controlled both the House and the Senate. So why not take the time to see when the market started to decline right? Ironically the market started to decline right after midterms when the Dems took back the house. But that has to be coincidental right? I find it funny how the left has been silent on this topic over the last couple years, but now that its slipping they come out of the woodwork pointing fingers at Republicans saying"hey, I told you so." It doesn't take a genius to figure out it was going to eventually drop off.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Vegas said:

It blows my mind how so many people don't understand how the stock market actually works. As it has always been said regarding the market, what goes up must come down because it obviously can't continue to climb forever or everyone would be filthy rich. The stock market is greatly influenced by consumer confidence. Hints why it skyrocketed right after the 2016 election when Trump was elected POTUS and Republicans controlled both the House and the Senate. So why not take the time to see when the market started to decline right? Ironically the market started to decline right after midterms when the Dems took back the house. But that has to be coincidental right? I find it funny how the left has been silent on this topic over the last couple years, but now that its slipping they come out of the woodwork pointing fingers at Republicans saying"hey, I told you so." It doesn't take a genius to figure out it was going to eventually drop off.

The facts do not support your claims.

• Plus1 5
8 hours ago, Vegas said:

and the excuses start from the right.

it's the dems fault

it was going to happen anyway

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Vegas said:

Nah, it has more to do with "the global slowdown" that everyone is overreacting about.  News flash:  Companies can not sustain 20 plus percent growth YOY.