The Nunes Memo has been released

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This to me is the oddest part of the whole thing. They're saying that Steele was biased by citing a quote from him after he compiled his information. 

To translate that from Steele's point of view: I have evidence that I believe. That evidence suggests that Trump is heavily under the influence of Russia. I really do don't want him to be in office. 

That seems like a good bias to have. Am I missing something? 

• Plus1 5

4 minutes ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Too bad he had to use multiple media outlets to corroborate his bogus dossier.

If true, it's not "too bad."  A good investigator uses whatever tools he has at his disposal to corroborate evidence. 

What media outlets did he use?  Why should we discredit the dossier because media outlets were involved?

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Yikes

They also didn't tell the court that Republican donors first paid for it.  I presume that's also a 'yikes,' right?

Conservative Website First Funded Anti-Trump Research by Firm That Later Produced Dossier

One of the people who signed off on those FISA applications was Dana Boente.  Boente was appointed by Trump to replace Sally Yates.

Why would Trump appoint someone who signed one of those FISA applications?

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They also didn't tell the court that Republican donors first paid for it.  I presume that's also a 'yikes,' right?

Conservative Website First Funded Anti-Trump Research by Firm That Later Produced Dossier

One of the people who signed off on those FISA applications was Dana Boente.  Boente was appointed by Trump to replace Sally Yates.

Why would Trump appoint someone who signed one of those FISA applications?

Ya because every Republican was on board the Trump train right before he won the presidency right?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Dewiz said:

Ya because every Republican was on board the Trump train right before he won the presidency right?

You're diverting the discussion. If Democrats and Republicans both paid for it doesn't it undermine aspects of the memo that the DNC paid for this and therefore we can't count on it? 

If you're saying that only Republicans who didn't like trump paid for it, there's a burden of proof that you need to give. 

If you're operating under the assumption that only people who are for Trump can conduct this investigating, we need to factor in that it is possible the results of this investigation will turn them against Trump. Therefore you're at a logical tautology that doesn't work. 

I encourage you to look into some of Michael Shermers BS detection device work. 

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, commando said:

only people who like trump and are fanatical supporters can be trusted?

That legitimately seems to be the angle Nunes & Ryan are taking on this.  People who were opposed to Trump can't be trusted sources because they didn't support Trump.

So the only people who can legitimately accuse Trump of anything are people who support him.  Who, then, won't accuse him of anything. Because they support him.

Imagine if Republicans felt the same way about Hillary.   It's crazypants logic.

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

Regarding the hack. I’m not buying it at all. The FBI, as incompetent as they seem to be regarding digital comms, never got to look at the server, they had to take the word of the firm (crowdstrike) hired by the DNC. 

Wat? None of that has anything to do with my post that you quoted, which is that there's still 2 guilty pleas and 2 grand jury indictments that hold up regardless of the dossier.

1 hour ago, commando said:

If posters haven't read this, they should. Points out that the Nunes memo has publicly verifiable inaccuracies in it that call into question the reliability of the entire thing.

• Plus1 2