Frost’s QB Room

Those are the most recent published numbers for each that I can find online- of course you will discount them because that's what people do.  You and I both know we have absolutely no way to know who actually timed them because you can't find that info on anyone until the show up at a pro-day or combine.  There is no spoon Neo... 

18 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Those are the most recent published numbers for each that I can find online- of course you will discount them because that's what people do.  You and I both know we have absolutely no way to know who actually timed them because you can't find that info on anyone until the show up at a pro-day or combine.  There is no spoon Neo... 

I’m discounting it because a 4.43 is incredibly unrealistic. That would be the fastest time by a QB in this years combine by .2 seconds. Heck Gebbia’s time would’ve been the fastest time by a QB this year. 

And again, it's about making the reads in this offense.

There are some crazy motions, formations, and movement in this playbook. When the play is executed correctly, the defense is exposed, and if the QB makes the right read the exposure gets exploited. 

I can't wait to see Frost open up the field for Morgan, Spielman, Lindsey, Mike Williams, & Co. 

9 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I’m discounting it because a 4.43 is incredibly unrealistic. That would be the fastest time by a QB in this years combine by .2 seconds. Heck Gebbia’s time would’ve been the fastest time by a QB this year. 

I understand- I do think many schools inflate stats and the times.  Unfortunately that's all we have to go off of until they are ready for the NFL.  

45 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Where/when were these 40s timed? Milton ran a 4.64 which is sparq verified. I have a hard time believing he could drop .21 seconds since then.

Yep, Milton is the only one who's Hudl profile has a verified time.  I'll give him credit - that's faster than I thought he was.

Going by any number other than from one of the regional combines has as much credibility as me posting a picture of Mila Kunis and saying that's my girlfriend.

I've seen some pretty slow quarterbacks lumber for 8 yards and a first down when the defense plays too soft. 

Unfortunately, this mostly happened against Nebraska.

But blazing speed isn't necessary to have a killer dual threat quarterback. It's still field vision, instinct, and decision making. 

I'm good with the 63% passer who lumbers for 8 yards and a first down when given the chance. 

(I'm good with blazing speed, too)

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I've seen some pretty slow quarterbacks lumber for 8 yards and a first down when the defense plays too soft. 

Unfortunately, this mostly happened against Nebraska.

But blazing speed isn't necessary to have a killer dual threat quarterback. It's still field vision, instinct, and decision making. 

I'm good with the 63% passer who lumbers for 8 yards and a first down when given the chance. 

(I'm good with blazing speed, too)

Didn't Purdue and NW have slow QBs who ripped off like 80 yard runs against our defense in the not so distant past?