Frost’s QB Room

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I think you're reading a bit more into it than is there...

Yeah. That’s what a lot of people said about my read on Martinez being the starter.

Also, if you haven’t noticed, Frost doesn’t do things randomly. There is a reason for VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING (large and seemingly small).

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

I really hope Gebbia hangs in there and sticks with us. I really like the kid even though it’s obvious that long-term AM fits this offense the best.   

But, with McCaffrey en route, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Gebbia take off at some point unless something crazy happens.  

I hope TG gets some reps. Frankie London played 10 games in 199 behind Frost. I want a guy with some live game action in case of injury, or if we need to give AM a break after a long run or if he gets a hard hit and needs a couple plays off.

21 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Yeah. That’s what a lot of people said about my read on Martinez being the starter.

Also, if you haven’t noticed, Frost doesn’t do things randomly. There is a reason for VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING (large and seemingly small).

I find that very hard to believe, considering at various points since he signed, people have been predicting him to be the starter. 

Transfers are a reality of college football these days. We don't have to treat it like a taboo topic.

Of the 16 five-star quarterbacks in the 247Sports Composite to earn a five-star rating since 2010, Johnson is the 10th to have transferred.

According to a study done by Fox Sports, 46.9 percent of four- and five-star quarterbacks from 2011-14 transferred at least once in their career. Elite 11 quarterbacks, considered the top signal callers coming out of high school, transferred at a 52.6 percent rate from 2009-13.

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

We. Are. Fans! We can talk about whatever the hell we want! No matter how ridiculous, or premature. Fans!

Fans come in at least two flavors: Ignorant & Informed. With regard to the ignorant, Mark Twain’s words apply: “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”

14 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Fans come in at least two flavors: Ignorant & Informed. With regard to the ignorant, Mark Twain’s words apply: “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.”

Fan speculation is benign. I mean, that's kind of the intention of message boards.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:57 PM, FTW said:

I knew he was a really good prep QB think he may have been the best in CA at the time he kind of flew under the radar and wasn't known as a blazing fast runner but that he could scramble and did put up some solid numbers. Pretty sure every other school wanted him on defense and NU was the only one offering a shot at QB.

Actually, I'm not sure what radar he was flying under. CA is one of the top recruiting grounds in the nation. As a senior at Corona Centennial Taylor Martinez passed for over 3,000 yards, had a completion percentage north of 60%, ran for close to 800 yards, and led the Huskies to an undefeated 15-0 season and won a state championship in the highest division of high school football in the Southern Section (they divide the state in a north and south since it's so big). 

I remember in the championship game, one of the commentators made the remark before a big play that you want the ball in Martinez's hands, he is by far the fastest player on the field. And once again that's the fastest player from the two best teams in the Southern Section.