Frost’s QB Room

10 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

If POB is following this board and what a bunch of keyboard jockey know-it-alls think, then his head is in the wrong place, and he's already lost.

It is funny you said this because I have always wondered how often they check out these sites.  I think it is human nature to "wonder" so they probably check and some might even make fake accounts and leak information or make up s#!t.  But clearly they, like anyone else, have lots of free time and so I am sure they check.  I am sure like most people they don't let it get in their head but still, I wonder how often they check out the threads.

45 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is funny you said this because I have always wondered how often they check out these sites.  I think it is human nature to "wonder" so they probably check and some might even make fake accounts and leak information or make up s#!t.  But clearly they, like anyone else, have lots of free time and so I am sure they check.  I am sure like most people they don't let it get in their head but still, I wonder how often they check out the threads.

I'm sure some players look around at times.

During the last several years, I've also seen several hints that the kind of stuff talked about on message boards really stuck in the craw of some previous staff members. Case in point:

If none of the QBs are standing out, it benefits Martinez the most at this point in the year. It means he's even with players who have been here awhile. Even though they haven't been in this offense, they should still have the advantage over a 17-18 year old.

Edited by Moiraine
11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

If none of the QBs are standing out, it benefits Martinez the most at this point in the year. It means he's even with players who have been here awhile. Even though they haven't been in this offense, they should still have the advantage over a 17-18 year old.

I would tend to think just the opposite is true:   if Martinez is not standing out, then he is in the pack somewhere and when all other things are equal, experience gets the nod.  None of a lot of game experience but some have age, maturity, and lot more practice and film and football knowledge edges.  POB would have the lead therefore in a race amongst guys with roughly equivalent skills otherwise.  

But, nobody has any advantage on this team so far.  We're four practices into many to come, just to finish the spring.  Fall camp is where the seperation, if it happens at all, will come.   Injuries and so on have to be ironed out as well.   

2 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I would tend to think just the opposite is true:   if Martinez is not standing out, then he is in the pack somewhere and when all other things are equal, experience gets the nod.   

I think that's the case in the fall for sure. But Martinez should improve more than the others since he's brand new.

On 4/1/2018 at 8:34 AM, Moiraine said:

I think that's the case in the fall for sure. But Martinez should improve more than the others since he's brand new.

Not sure I follow your logic here.

They are all knew to this staff and system.

Also, to me, the phrase, "none are standing out" doesn't mean they are all on the same level.  One of them could be lagging the rest of the pack without one of them stepping out on top.