Frost’s QB Room

17 minutes ago, brophog said:

It's once again worth noting that neither Milton or Vedral were named starters at the beginning of their true freshman season and neither redshirted. 

But they probably didnt have the quality depth that we do here. If they were the 2nd best player far and way it probably wasnt a hard decision. If Gebbia looks like a stud- and bunch is a really good backup to close out games then I would run with that. In the event Gebbia gets hurt and you dont think Bunch can win a whole game from start to finish- burn the redshirt. IMO

Or do what Urban did at Florida. Chris Leak and Tim Tebow. Martinez being Tebow. 

Edited by Huskers93-97

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

But they probably didnt have the quality depth that we do here. If they were the 2nd best player far and way it probably wasnt a hard decision. If Gebbia looks like a stud- and bunch is a really good backup to close out games then I would run with that. In the event Gebbia gets hurt and you dont think Bunch can win a whole game from start to finish- burn the redshirt. IMO

To be fair, not one of these QB's outside POB has taken 1 D1 college snap.  We don't know the quality of depth at this position right now.

2 minutes ago, ADS said:

Rumor on RSS is that POB was told today that he’s behind all of the other QB’s and that’s why he declined.

Dont kill the messenger.

Thats music to my ears. Patrick Obrien pushed Tanner Lee in a close competition last year. 4 new QBs come in this year. All 4 are ahead of POB. 

10 minutes ago, ADS said:

Rumor on RSS is that POB was told today that he’s behind all of the other QB’s and that’s why he declined.

Dont kill the messenger.

At 1:43 Callahan says POB had a class conflict, which is why he didnt speak with the media. Do we trust Callahan or is this just one Irishman sticking up for another??

Edited by LaFlamaBlanca
  • Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Vedral isn't ahead of anyone because he isn't eligible

Gebbia isn't new.

Bunch was eligible and not new

I get vedral isnt eligible. But if he was POB would be behind him right. So 5 guys on roster and other 4 guys performing better is not a good thing. 

Gebbia was a twig last year he had no chance of actually playing last year so he wasnt really competing against Gebbia. 

Bunch was just over looked apparently. 

Ok fine I will reword it so you feel better. 2 new guys- if eligible both would be ahead of POB. 2 guys on roster last year either were not physically ready or riley overlooked both- you pick. 

Regardless Riley viewed POB as the 2nd best QB and for awhile might have been the best we had or tied for best or so he thought. New staff thinks he may be the 5th best we have.

So perhaps Riley was not playing the best people on the roster- or we have an influx of talent. Or combo of both?

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I get vedral isnt eligible. But if he was POB would be behind him right. So 5 guys on roster and other 4 guys performing better is not a good thing. 

Gebbia was a twig last year he had no chance of actually playing last year so he wasnt really competing against Gebbia. 

Bunch was just over looked apparently. 

Ok fine I will reword it so you feel better. 2 new guys- if eligible both would be ahead of POB. 2 guys on roster last year either were not physically ready or riley overlooked both- you pick. 

Regardless Riley viewed POB as the 2nd best QB and for awhile might have been the best we had or tied for best or so he thought. New staff thinks he may be the 5th best we have.

So perhaps Riley was not playing the best people on the roster- or we have an influx of talent. Or combo of both?

I don't think it's a problem that Riley thought O'Brien was worthy of 2nd string in his style of offense.  So it shouldn't a total surprise that other QB's that have run something similar in JUCO or HS would be ahead of him.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No clue if it is true or not but why would that be hard to fathom?  

POB needing to go to a class was the first thing I thought of. If it was late afternoon practice, and Fall, I would let myself run away with everyone’s imagination. At this point and given the newness of the offense, I don’t think Frost has depthed the QB’s, at least nothing concrete. He’ll probably tell them where they sit toward the end of spring ball but will encourage them all to work through summer and see how things go in fall. I think they all do enough good things that the coaches have not decided one of them will definitely not play.

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

POB needing to go to a class was the first thing I thought of. If it was late afternoon practice, and Fall, I would let myself run away with everyone’s imagination. At this point and given the newness of the offense, I don’t think Frost has depthed the QB’s, at least nothing concrete. He’ll probably tell them where they sit toward the end of spring ball but will encourage them all to work through summer and see how things go in fall. I think they all do enough good things that the coaches have not decided one of them will definitely not play.

Although he did say that 2 have started separating themselves and that they would need to get those guys more reps to get the team prepared to play football, which they did start doing a little bit today.  QBs are usually a pretty smart lot, so, they probably see the writing on the wall after today's practice.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, yort2000 said:

Although he did say that 2 have started separating themselves and that they would need to get those guys more reps to get the team prepared to play football, which they did start doing a little bit today.  QBs are usually a pretty smart lot, so, they probably see the writing on the wall after today's practice.

who are the 2?