Frost’s QB Room

14 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I think this is the only answer to who starts at QB.  Sarcasm, of course, but interesting idea anyway.

Can you imagine that along with some Wildcat or direct RB snaps mixed in, all at a Frost's no-huddle pace. 

17 hours ago, Enhance said:

I don't think AB starting will necessarily be received as a good sign. The perception, fair or not, will be that he was given the job because the two more talented players couldn't claim it. It'll be interpreted in the way some people felt a lot of walk-ons in the last several years became starters - not because they had turned into really great players but because roster depth and development had been poorly managed.

If he is the guy -  then he will be well received when he leads NU down the field for several touchdowns in back to back games.  

Thats truly all that matters - kids develop when they develop some do it early and catch the eye of the services and others do it later and miss out on the hype

55 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Callahan and Rose said this morning on KFAB that they are hearing Gebbia is separating himself by being consistent and not making mistakes. 

I think consistency and not making mistakes are good traits to have in a QB, but something tells me that Frost is also seeking that explosive dual threat quality in his QB which is why he went after Martinez and has also gone after McCaffrey and Smothers. Perhaps Martinez will not be ready day one, but I cannot see Frost sticking with Gebbia for multiple years unless Gebbia is a way better runner than we have seen in the past.  It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds.

18 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think consistency and not making mistakes are good traits to have in a QB, but something tells me that Frost is also seeking that explosive dual threat quality in his QB which is why he went after Martinez and has also gone after McCaffrey and Smothers. Perhaps Martinez will not be ready day one, but I cannot see Frost sticking with Gebbia for multiple years unless Gebbia is a way better runner than we have seen in the past.  It will be interesting to see how this season unfolds.

if i am reading Frost correctly, he values a quick thinking qb over a pure speed guy..........he wants a guy who can make good decisions quickly.

• Plus1 4
15 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

if i am reading Frost correctly, he values a quick thinking qb over a pure speed guy..........he wants a guy who can make good decisions quickly.

He has said so many times. 

It's why we shouldn't, and the staff isn't, in a hurry to make this choice. At some point, all of the studying and practice will click in for one of these guys. 

I would also take any comments about this with a perspective in mind...Frost knows this offense can be great, even in year 1. They are throwing a lot at the guys, and the standards are extremely high.