Frost’s QB Room

I've got a new possible scenario for you... Gebbia starts Akron, Colorado, & Troy but they have Martinez preparing to play against Michigan (where the Wolverines will have seen no game film of him). Gebbia might even still start against Michigan and they go to Martinez if things aren't going Nebraska's way. If the team responds and the offense moves better against Michigan under Martinez, then he is the starter the rest of the way, if healthy and Gebbia is used for mop-up duty.

2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I've got a new possible scenario for you... Gebbia starts Akron, Colorado, & Troy but they have Martinez preparing to play against Michigan (where the Wolverines will have seen no game film of him). Gebbia might even still start against Michigan and they go to Martinez if things aren't going Nebraska's way. If the team responds and the offense moves better against Michigan under Martinez, then he is the starter the rest of the way, if healthy and Gebbia is used for mop-up duty.

:ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

:facepalm:

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

THE OL' SWITCH-A-ROO!!!!!!!

Did anyone listen to Sharp & Benning yesterday morning? Benning was at Friday's scrimmage along with some of the other former players and shared some basic thoughts on what he saw.

In his opinion, the difference between Gebbia/Martinez right now is essentially a preference. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but he said Gebbia probably has the advantage in terms of quick thinking and turnovers, but AM has an advantage in overall presence. He also said he saw AM execute a pretty electric play with his feet at one point, while Gebbia had an incredible out route throw during some situational drills at the scrimmage.

Benning posed him the question of if Benning 'thinks it'll come down to who is the best in regards to presence, quick thinking and turnovers,' and Benning thinks it's going to end up coming down to more than that because the two are so close in all three of those aspects.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Did anyone listen to Sharp & Benning yesterday morning? Benning was at Friday's scrimmage along with some of the other former players and shared some basic thoughts on what he saw.

In his opinion, the difference between Gebbia/Martinez right now is essentially a preference. I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but he said Gebbia probably has the advantage in terms of quick thinking and turnovers, but AM has an advantage in overall presence. He also said he saw AM execute a pretty electric play with his feet at one point, while Gebbia had an incredible out route throw during some situational drills at the scrimmage.

Benning posed him the question of if Benning 'thinks it'll come down to who is the best in regards to presence, quick thinking and turnovers,' and Benning thinks it's going to end up coming down to more than that because the two are so close in all three of those aspects.

Yeah, I heard that segment. Man, DB uses way more time then needed to get his point across. He tends to lull me to sleep sometimes when he goes on like he did there

It sure sounded like DB thought Gebbia would be the guy, and that seems to be the growing thought among those in the know, that have chosen to speak about it. 

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

I've got a new possible scenario for you... you're desperately searching for a way to keep your head from exploding in case Martinez isn't named the starter ahead of the Akron game.

• Plus1 1