OT Willie Canty [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Canty Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Louisville
    • USF

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 03:30 PM

57 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

Don’t see what they see in this kid. Would think you could find 2 or 3 kids like this in the 500 mile radius. 

Possibly, but the coaches have had a relationship with him since their time at UCF.  They haven't had time to develop relationships with many guys in the 500 mile radius.

6 minutes ago, macroboy said:

OT from Kansas that sounded a little more promising to me.

He might very well end up being a good OT, but he's rated lower than Canty and they've known him for all of about 2 weeks now.  Relationships are a big key in recruiting, and knowing Canty for well over a year makes him less likely to be a bust than someone they know for 2 weeks.

For what it's worth, I like Jalan Robinson.  I just understand why the staff is pushing for Canty as the class OT.  I don't know if one is better than the other, or if either will make an impact in college, I just understand where they are coming from in this recruitment.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

He might very well end up being a good OT, but he's rated lower than Canty and they've known him for all of about 2 weeks now.  Relationships are a big key in recruiting, and knowing Canty for well over a year makes him less likely to be a bust than someone they know for 2 weeks.

For what it's worth, I like Jalan Robinson.  I just understand why the staff is pushing for Canty as the class OT.  I don't know if one is better than the other, or if either will make an impact in college, I just understand where they are coming from in this recruitment.

Also if they view them as equal. Maybe they would rather have a florida kid for connections- maybe there is a sophomore on that team that might help us land that kid. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Willie Canty [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic