QB Position Switches

4 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

3 scholarship QB's, several walkon's (but one is Vedral, presumably on scholarship next year).  Wondering if any would become a Newcombe or Darlington, rather than transfer.  Can't all be the starter and backup #1.  Someone's not going to see the field.

None of them have that kind of skillset exept maybe Martinez but I doubt he switches.

The QB battle should be fun this springand hopefully we can have one of our scholarship guys at 3rd string next year instead of transferring somewhere else. Best bet would probably be to RS Martinez and start POB but I don't know if POB is our best guy and Frost will put the best guy on the field. 

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

3 scholarship QB's, several walkon's (but one is Vedral, presumably on scholarship next year).  Wondering if any would become a Newcombe or Darlington, rather than transfer.  Can't all be the starter and backup #1.  Someone's not going to see the field.

Tristan Gebbia at TE is the best idea you've ever had. 

• Plus1 4

20 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Newcombe was a GREAT QB (better than Crouch in my view) but he was a fanstatic athlete (one of the top ten ever at NU).   None of the QBs of the past decade are in the category of athlete that Newcombe was - not even in the same ballpark.  Darlington and POB and Gebbia are more comparable, although it is hard to know as we've seen almost nothing of Darlington but I will assume he is a tad better runner than either Gebbia or POB.  Gebbia and POB are better QBs, based on what little we've heard/seen, than Darlington.