Talent Vs. Developement

8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I believe there's a lot of truth to this. Personally, I don't believe we'll ever be a consistent Top 5 recruiter, but on-field success (and further growth of the Scott Frost/Nebraska brand) could easily make us a consistent Top 15 recruiter, in my opinion.

We just need to recruit in the teens with an occasional elite top 10 class, trick is overachieving with these 20's and teens classes and getting yourself positioned to move up a notch. We are more than capable of it with Frost at the helm 

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

I was Joking when I said That Wisconsin can’t win without a top ten class. I was being “sarcastic”. It is laughable to think Wisconsin can’t win a national title. They went 12-1 last year. They are very close. To suggest different is idiotic. 

I tend to agree its not that crazy of an idea Wisconsin is close. Their only loss all season was to ohio state by 6 in the big ten championship game. 7 points away from being in the playoff. Once there who knows what could happen. QB was their downfall. What if the chips fell and they had russell wilson last year. I think they have a real shot in the playoff. 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I tend to agree its not that crazy of an idea Wisconsin is close. Their only loss all season was to ohio state by 6 in the big ten championship game. 7 points away from being in the playoff. Once there who knows what could happen. QB was their downfall. What if the chips fell and they had russell wilson last year. I think they have a real shot in the playoff. 

See the thing is everyone is using if they had this or that etc but they didnt do those things and all sorts of data suggests you need a top 10 recruiting class to win the trophy. Lots of teams dont have top 10 recruiting classes and do very very good. They dont take home nattys though 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

All 4 UCF players drafted this year were 3* players with few big offers. Milton was a 3* and racked up ridiculous stats as a So. RBs were 3* and played very efficient as well. 

How much 4 and 5 star talent is found in the group of 5 schools? Also statistically you are going to see more 3 star players drafted in totality as there are simply a crap load of them compared to 4 and 5 star players 

11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

How much 4 and 5 star talent is found in the group of 5 schools? Also statistically you are going to see more 3 star players drafted in totality as there are simply a crap load of them compared to 4 and 5 star players 

There are 33 5* and 335 4* currently per 247....I'm more so about the offers and most those kids weren't sniffing the big schools. 

Ex. Vincent Valentine was a 3* but had offers from Bama, Auburn, Florida, Michigan Oklahoma. To me that's a 4* player. Same with Henrich this year with offers from Florida, ND, Oklahoma, LSU, Oregon. 

3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

There are 33 5* and 335 4* currently per 247....I'm more so about the offers and most those kids weren't sniffing the big schools. 

Ex. Vincent Valentine was a 3* but had offers from Bama, Auburn, Florida, Michigan Oklahoma. To me that's a 4* player. Same with Henrich this year with offers from Florida, ND, Oklahoma, LSU, Oregon. 

How many 3 stars does 247 have? 

3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Henrich is criminally underrated, specifically by Rivals. 

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

See the thing is everyone is using if they had this or that etc but they didnt do those things and all sorts of data suggests you need a top 10 recruiting class to win the trophy. Lots of teams dont have top 10 recruiting classes and do very very good. They dont take home nattys though 

But didnt it take Osborne 22 years or so to put it all together. Maybe Wisconsin is on the same path but on year 15 or year 20. Thats all I am saying. I will say Nebraska over that 22 years was a few ball bounces away from numerous more national titles though. But still. Just an observation is all. 

Oregon was like 3 points away from blowing up the whole top 10 recruiting argument. It would have to be changed to top 20. If Oregon played 10 times I bet they would have won 5. They were pretty equal teams. 

4 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

But didnt it take Osborne 22 years or so to put it all together. Maybe Wisconsin is on the same path but on year 15 or year 20. Thats all I am saying. I will say Nebraska over that 22 years was a few ball bounces away from numerous more national titles though. But still. Just an observation is all. 

Oregon was like 3 points away from blowing up the whole top 10 recruiting argument. It would have to be changed to top 20. If Oregon played 10 times I bet they would have won 5. They were pretty equal teams. 

Several teams have been close but they havent delivered. It did take TO a very long time to get his nattys. A top 10 class doesnt promise anything. Look at USC, Texas etc. Its just something that has been shown in modern college football to be practically a prerequisite for winning a national championship.