2021 Recruiting Notes

13 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Does he help with getting Salis if we offer? I mean that in itself wouldn't hurt for sure as Thomas has some upside. 

It definitely wouldn't hurt. When Donovan Williams was committed he was already tweeting at Sallis to join him, I'd imagine getting a teammate of Sallis could only help. 

That being said- Sallis is at such an elite level nationally, he's picking wherever he wants to go to school. His decision is going to have much more to do with who he feels can help him the most in his 1 year in college before he makes the jump to the NBA. I'd imagine it coming down to NU, KU, UNC. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

It definitely wouldn't hurt. When Donovan Williams was committed he was already tweeting at Sallis to join him, I'd imagine getting a teammate of Sallis could only help. 

That being said- Sallis is at such an elite level nationally, he's picking wherever he wants to go to school. His decision is going to have much more to do with who he feels can help him the most in his 1 year in college before he makes the jump to the NBA. I'd imagine it coming down to NU, KU, UNC. 

I see Salis more in the midwest from what I know. But if UNC is a dream school he could easily go there. KU is what worries me because Self can show him all the dudes hes coached. On top of that they are an elite school close by his family. 

3 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I see Salis more in the midwest from what I know. But if UNC is a dream school he could easily go there. KU is what worries me because Self can show him all the dudes hes coached. On top of that they are an elite school close by his family. 

But Self may not be there in a year and KU may be on probation meaning no NCAA tournament.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Even if he does not fit our system or need.  Not like football, as we don't have alot spots in 21.

History tells us we'll be taking between 3-5 kids annually. Saint is an intriguing prospect from an area we're trying to make inroads in who is teammates with our top target in the same class. And he's a legitimate high major talent. It makes no sense why we wouldn't. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic