2021 Recruiting Notes

This isn’t completely the same situation as Sallis, but wanted to post as CJ’s a 5* from the class of 2019 that just transferred home to UCF from Oregon because of COVID. I really wonder if we’ll see more of this for the class of 2021- High major programs locking in local kids and prospects in general choosing to just stay closer to home. Keep in mind Sallis only took OV’s to Nebraska and Gonzaga I believe before things shut down. Maybe I’m connecting dots that aren’t there but the longer the recruiting dead period goes I think that has to bode better for Nebraska in Sallis’ recruitment. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, RedSavage said:

I know things haven’t gone the way we and he’s hoped thus far but I still think he’s going to end up being a hell of a hire.  Kinda like Frost

I have absolutely no doubt Fred Hoiberg will be a home run at Nebraska. His NBA experience, connections to the school, acceptance of the modern game, and reputation amongst the basketball community will make us a winner long term. He's got a job here as long as he wants (I think unfortunately eventually he'll leave for the NBA if he's successful but that's a good problem to have)

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hepburn- whiff

Sallis- whiff

Whitt- whiff

Ellis- whiff

I know Kesei is committed but he's a pure 2 guard. We likely have 2-3 more scholarships for this class (technically only 1 open currently) but I don't know where we go from here. We need ball handlers/play makers. If the Banton hype is true he'll be gone after this year. Briedenbach is fine but he doesn't excite me as a prospect- I'd rather have Smith for what we ask of our bigs in Fred's system. John Camden? He's a Forward. There's likely no other guards on the board right now for 2021. Even guys like Nisine Poplar are committed. Have no idea where we go from here- if we could get someone like Jordan Nesbitt (Forward but really really talented player) it would help a LOT. Maybe Tre Holloman can re-class from 2022 to 2021?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric unpinned this topic