2021 Recruiting Notes

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

These are arguably the best facilities Hoiberg has had at any of his coaching gigs. (including the NBA as many teams visited UNL to see ours for ideas) I would be totally cool with Fred having a lifetime contract at NU. I have zero doubt he will turn us around. 

Agreed- if you look at the shot quality we get compared to the rest of the league (NU had the best in the B1G IIRC) you know its just a matter of time before NU starts winning games. We’ve upgraded the scheme and X’s/O’s, now its a matter of upgrading the Jimmy’s and Joes

14 minutes ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

We are rumored to be getting a guard transfer tomorrow via Robin Washut. If I were to take a wild guess I would throw out the name Greg Williams from St. John’s. He was recruiting by Matt Abdelmassey and would be a good fit for our style of play. 

Would be a phenomenal get

5 hours ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

We are rumored to be getting a guard transfer tomorrow via Robin Washut. If I were to take a wild guess I would throw out the name Greg Williams from St. John’s. He was recruiting by Matt Abdelmassey and would be a good fit for our style of play. 

Whatever we are paying him it's not enough.

nf-iRj.gif

• Plus1 1
On 4/8/2021 at 1:55 PM, Young Grand Island Husker said:

A source says that this unknown transfer guard fell through last night and we will move on to our next targets. 

2 hours ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

A source says that this unknown transfer guard fell through last night and we will move on to our next targets. 

Do we know what happened or is it just a move on sort of thing from one side?

The Missouri guard Xavier Pinson is looking better with Arkansas filling up and Auburn getting a PG grad transfer and they are still after TyTy. Not sure how Georgia's roster is looking but it might be down to us and them at the moment. I have also heard we might have moved on from him but that is just chatter and nothing official at the moment.  

Hearing we are after a new forward. Might have another spot open up depending on how people see playing time as we add players to the roster. 

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

With the addition of Edwards- we have one scholarship remaining. Will be interesting to see what we do with it- we could always use another big and it’s no given that Stevenson will return. Thinking either that or a 2022 reclass

I think we will take one more if Stevenson leaves. If he stays, I believe we will just hold onto it for another year unless it is someone you take no matter what. We will have a solid rotation and we have a few guys that are using free years. I think we save it for next year unless he leaves. Regardless, we can be as selective as possible with it which is a good thing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic