2021 Recruiting Notes

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, desertshox said:

Figured he would go pro. How many years was he at uconn, 4 or 5?

He was at UConn 4 years and then used his grad transfer year last year to go to Wichita State. Still has that year since this year didn’t count for eligibility purposes. Surprised he hit the portal- seemed like he had found a great fit/place for him at WSU after he struggled with physical and mental health at UConn his whole career.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I would assume we are done now. Hold onto that other scholarship for something special.

Quaran seems like Elijah Wood. He is apparently friends with the Wilcher brothers.

Hopefully that helps our cause with Simeon. But I would put a decent amount of cash on Quaran never seeing the floor at NU.

22 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Hopefully that helps our cause with Simeon. But I would put a decent amount of cash on Quaran never seeing the floor at NU.

You just never know. This seems just like the Elijah Wood situation.

I think if you have a guy who knows he wont see time for the first 2 years and is ok with it, it can work.

Quaran sounds like he had some talent but blew out his knee and then things went sideways. 

I tend to agree with you, and these things dont seem to work often--- But no harm/no foul in trying him out I guess(other than wasting a Scholarship)

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

You just never know. This seems just like the Elijah Wood situation.

I think if you have a guy who knows he wont see time for the first 2 years and is ok with it, it can work.

Quaran sounds like he had some talent but blew out his knee and then things went sideways. 

I tend to agree with you, and these things dont seem to work often--- But no harm/no foul in trying him out I guess(other than wasting a Scholarship)

Totally agree. I’d rather fill the scholarship than leave it open. Like you said- there’s a chance it could work. It just seems to me today both player and coach get impatient in these scenarios and it ultimately results in player and program going their separate ways

• Mavric unpinned this topic