The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

So best group since then?

is that better?:)

Better but I still don't think it's correct. We have a LOT of running backs right now. That doesn't mean they're the best group. We sucked at running last year so all we have to go on is what they tell us about practice, and I don't think anyone from last year is as nearly as good as Helu or Burkhead or Abdullah except possibly Bryant if his knees aren't bad anymore. So all we have is the potential of Bell and Washington that might make it better than that group.

"We're glad to have Mo. He had a long road to get here," Frost said. "But he's had probably a dozen big plays, spectacular plays already in this camp. He's definitely opened up some eyes and I think he's got a bright future here."

The coach added that, to this point in camp, "he's better than what I expected."

Why does Frost think that? Because Washington hadn't worked out as much in the summer, with his focus on academics. "I don't think he was eating and getting all the nutrition he needed." Washington showed up lighter than what he was on his recruiting visit.

"So we didn't know what we could get, but he's going to be a pretty special player."

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, I'm pretty sure they split carries because there wasn't really a clear better RB between the two.

Both were very good (sometimes great) backs.  Brown got the more carries in 1991, while they evenly split the carries in 1992.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/nebraska/1991.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/nebraska/1992.html