The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Bell seemed to have a weird gate when he ran.  He also had a 10 yard head start and #1 caught him from behind.  Had no angle whatsoever.  

Here is the beginning of the 40 yard run.  #1 is the defender behind the guy diving for Bell in this pic.  It's nowhere near 10 yards.  Bell is able to stay in front of him for the next 30 yards.

Xp4hnOa.png

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, ScottyIce said:

If that is how it went this year...Here is how the following year  would look.

SR: Bell & Mazour

JR: Bryant & Bradley

SO: Miles & Washington

FR: 1-2 RB Recruits

A little update... 

SR: Mazour

JR: Bradley, Dedrick Mills

SO: Washington

RFR: Miles
FR: Ronald Thompkins, Rahmir Johnson (HOPEFULLY WANDALE ROBINSON)

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

A little update... 

SR: Mazour

JR: Bradley, Dedrick Mills

SO: Washington

RFR: Miles
FR: Ronald Thompkins, Rahmir Johnson (HOPEFULLY WANDALE ROBINSON)

I hope we snag Wandale because it makes redshirting Thompkins a no brainer and not a concern at all. Do you think Miles ends up as more of a WR? 

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I hope we snag Wandale because it makes redshirting Thompkins a no brainer and not a concern at all. Do you think Miles ends up as more of a WR? 

Not sure.

It's that Duck R position I believe. I'm just lumping those guys in with RB as I don't know what else to do.

12 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think Thompkins is going to have to redshirt regardless.  Isn't this 2 years in a row he was injured?  Just not sure he should be looked at as a contributor right away 

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think Thompkins is going to have to redshirt regardless.  Isn't this 2 years in a row he was injured?  Just not sure he should be looked at as a contributor right away 

Oh I completely agree. I just think it takes all question out of the equation. Say Bradley Transfers out and Miles moves to full time WR. Then you have Mazour, Mills and Washington and whoever signs this year.

• Plus1 2

Ozigbo is having a great game against Minnesota and a great year and I couldn't be prouder. In a year where a lot of guys didn't want to stick it out, he came in this season focusing on what he needed to improve and has done a fantastic job. He wouldn't have made some of these big runs in years past but he got slimmed down to make it happen and it's paying off huge for him.

• Plus1 6