The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Not to discount his off-season work, but I think it says more about the change in offensive styles and his role in it.

This is definitely true as well.  We’re running a system that actually gives the RBs a chance to make a play.  And they are taking advantage.

Oz is showing to be the complete back, a combination of size, speed quickness and power. He should be able to play on Sundays, and perhaps will be drafted within the first three rounds. 

Also I want to add that we may see Miles Jones in the last four games. I believe the coaching staff has had in mind of redshirting him. 

1 minute ago, Pedro G said:

Oz is showing to be the complete back, a combination of size, speed quickness and power. He should be able to play on Sundays, and perhaps will be drafted within the first three rounds. 

Also I want to add that we may see Miles Jones in the last four games. I believe the coaching staff has had in mind of redshirting him. 

Hope so. Not sure he is going to get drafted though.

16 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Hope so. Not sure he is going to get drafted though.

Oh I don’t know. He is more talented than Correll Buckhalter, who was drafted in the 4th round and contributed in the NFL. He had two seasons with 500-plus yards and one with 600-plus yards. 

Edit: I’m referring to Oz. I think his best football may still be ahead of him. 

11 hours ago, funhusker said:

Not to discount his off-season work, but I think it says more about the change in offensive styles and his role in it.

It is certainly true the system helps give opportunities. But when talking about Ozigbo, specifically, it's equally important to realize he has no choice in whom the coach is or what system they run. He easily, and understandably, could have been the guy that transferred based on fit. He didn't. He made a very noticeable effort to better fit this scheme. He wasn't the only scholarship back returning this year, but he's the one we are talking about, and he deserves the accolades for putting himself in this conversation.

• Plus1 2