The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

3 hours ago, FrankWheeler said:

They returned every RB they had from 2017 to 2018 (minus the RB that passed away :( ).  Including their top 2 rushers that both averaged over 6 yards per carry with over 100 attempts and 5th year senior.  How did they have 0 experience?

There are 21 other positions and 11 of those are "skilled" - the comment was made regarding their team not the RB group.  Sorry if that was confusing - i didn't see the RB position being that unique where information about other positions wouldn't be relevant.

6 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

It's all comparative if Clemson has a 4* Sp and a 5* Fr comes in and takes the job how is that different then if NU has a 3* Sp and a 4* Fr comes in and takes the job?

I would argue it's naive to call them comparative because the floor of a team like Clemson (all things considered) is significantly higher than the floor of a team like Nebraska (all things considered).

Do you think a true freshman seeing playing time at any university is equally commendable?

9 hours ago, Enhance said:

I would argue it's naive to call them comparative because the floor of a team like Clemson (all things considered) is significantly higher than the floor of a team like Nebraska (all things considered).

Do you think a true freshman seeing playing time at any university is equally commendable?

Valid point and I agree - but to what extent are we talking here? 

8 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Valid point and I agree - but to what extent are we talking here? 

Mostly as a general line of thinking relative to your initial point. It won't always be 100% fair, admittedly.

I guess another way to look at it from my perspective is Clemson could start and play young players as a luxury because of the depth and talent they have across the team. At this point in time, Nebraska would likely start young players more out of necessity, and those can be very different things. I think Caleb Tannor is a decent example from 2018. In a better world, he'd probably redshirt. His body wasn't quite ready to make a significant impact at that position, in my opinion. It's a credit to him he made it onto the field but I also think somewhat of a discredit to what Nebraska had (or, really, didn't have) at that position.

On 2/14/2018 at 2:42 AM, Savage Husker said:

Any odds Tre Bryant becomes a medical hardship? 

If healthy Bryant (1), Bell (2), Mazour (3), take your pick after that. 

Granted it was just a spring game, but Frost is going to get ball carriers in plus situations for running in the open field, Mazour has some wheels and runs hard. If a new staff and new philosophy pushes Bradley/Wilbon/Ziggy to pick their game up, then I see Wilbon reaping the biggest reward of those three and trajecting himself into significant carries.

Hahah someone took the time to react to this 11 months after the fact? Bored much? 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...