The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

17 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Bradley is deceptively fast- has good lateral movement and sees the field really well

I dont think he will ever be a starter- but we need depth at RB- and he could help

They said he struggled with some personal issues last Fall- but is over it- so good stuff

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, OTHusker said:

Bradley is deceptively fast- has good lateral movement and sees the field really well

I dont think he will ever be a starter- but we need depth at RB- and he could help

They said he struggled with some personal issues last Fall- but is over it- so good stuff

Held mentioned that he had problems ready coverages and in this offense a back needs to block.  I don't want to get you worked up, but like before this had to due with poor coaching & conditioning. :D

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Held mentioned that he had problems ready coverages and in this offense a back needs to block.  I don't want to get you worked up, but like before this had to due with poor coaching & conditioning. :D

Like my post says 

he won’t ever start but he adds better depth than what we’ve had in recent years

i watched him play his last 2 years at bw

runs zone pretty well

pretty patient

catches well

explosive off of the counters they ran him on

was able to run through 2nd level defenders reasonably well

durable - lots of carries 

after what ozigbo did last year im doubting any of our backs are thinking they got better coaching from the Oregon state bozos 

• Plus1 1

Even Ozigbo took a few games to establish himself last season. Once he did...lights out. 

What I like about that is twofold. 

1. Players competing, not giving up. 

2. Frost can change directions and go in a new direction and get results. He saw what he saw and went with it; wasn’t a mistake just took time to establish. 

If Washington makes it thru his issues, great. If Bradley or Mazour or Mills whoever start to shine in practice, games, and film, better bet Frost will be playing that guy. 

No favortites, just competition. 

• Plus1 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dagerow said:

Why is no one talking about Belt here?  He is currently our number 2 back (I believe).  Yes, we will have some serious talent coming in, but he shouldn’t be overlooked.

I think it's just an unfortunate side effect of the current narrative and related expectations. Most people expect the current stash of running backs (sans Mo) to end up at the bottom of the depth chart this fall because of the potential and talent of incoming players. I don't think a lot of fans are that interested. Most don't even know what to make of the room right now because of how much could change by September.

I also don't think there's a Zig waiting in the wings, but I don't feel overly guilty about that line of thinking. At this time last year, and from what I've heard, the coaches didn't expect Zig to be a serious contributor for their offense. A lot changed.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Dagerow said:

Why is no one talking about Belt here?  He is currently our number 2 back (I believe).  Yes, we will have some serious talent coming in, but he shouldn’t be overlooked.

I’ve never seen Belt play, so I don’t care yet. And I tend not to take overhyped walk on talk seriously until said walk on does something in a game. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve never seen Belt play, so I don’t care yet. And I tend not to take overhyped walk on talk seriously until said walk on does something in a game. 

Fair enough.  But that eliminates almost all we can talk about with regard to the current RBs, apart from Mo.

I watched Belts film from high school. He makes some nifty cuts, has nice lateral movement. Long runs and decent vision. Actually his pass catching was pretty impressive. 

Then I watched Rahmir’s HS tape.........

as has  been mentioned, neither has done squat at the collegiate level. Mazour has been playing 3 yrs at this level and can’t crack the field. BUT, these are the guys we need. Show up on time, 100% effort every play, wants to be here, good locker room and practice  guys, no trouble, etc cliche etc...

there’s pretty good effort  players, and then there’s “help us win games and championship” players. Mills, Mo, Rahmir, wandale...and Belt? 

• Plus1 4