The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

6 hours ago, I am I said:

I watched Belts film from high school. He makes some nifty cuts, has nice lateral movement. Long runs and decent vision. Actually his pass catching was pretty impressive. 

Then I watched Rahmir’s HS tape.........

as has  been mentioned, neither has done squat at the collegiate level. Mazour has been playing 3 yrs at this level and can’t crack the field. BUT, these are the guys we need. Show up on time, 100% effort every play, wants to be here, good locker room and practice  guys, no trouble, etc cliche etc...

there’s pretty good effort  players, and then there’s “help us win games and championship” players. Mills, Mo, Rahmir, wandale...and Belt? 

You can watch film, but competition is not the same.  Belt does not play against alot of d1 talent.

Weren't we all kinda hyped up about Bradley a year ago? 

Belt seems to be in that kind of situation. Don't know if he will play much or at all, this year. Don't think he really went up against top talent, like some of the recruits coming in at r/b.

Nice to be able to have that many choices for Frost to look at. After what Oz did last year, it should hype up the r/b's, that they to can play if they put in the work and wait their turn.

GBR!!!

54 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Weren't we all kinda hyped up about Bradley a year ago? 

Belt seems to be in that kind of situation. Don't know if he will play much or at all, this year. Don't think he really went up against top talent, like some of the recruits coming in at r/b.

Nice to be able to have that many choices for Frost to look at. After what Oz did last year, it should hype up the r/b's, that they to can play if they put in the work and wait their turn.

GBR!!!

Bradley had actually played in college though, right? I seem to recall him doing well when he played in 2017. I’ve tried to block out Riley’s years though so I could be wrong.

As long as Mo is cleared (I think he will be) we won't have many issues here. He will get the majority of the snaps and then we can do a running back by committee after him -- Mazour, Jones, Bradley, Johnson. Mills being able to make it sweetens this up a lot, need him to qualify. 

17 hours ago, Dagerow said:

Why is no one talking about Belt here?  He is currently our number 2 back (I believe).  Yes, we will have some serious talent coming in, but he shouldn’t be overlooked.

It's not even the Spring Game, and we're already elevating walk-on freshmen to the 2 deep. 

• Plus1 1
On 4/8/2019 at 10:41 AM, Cdog923 said:

It's not even the Spring Game, and we're already elevating walk-on freshmen to the 2 deep. 

the RB room seems to have a revolving door??

Mo is batting in court

Mills is battling with grades/credits

and one inbound freshman has had surgery on both knees.

and the guys on hand are maybe average...

not good

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

the RB room seems to have a revolving door??

Mo is batting in court

Mills is battling with grades/credits

and one inbound freshman has had surgery on both knees.

and the guys on hand are maybe average...

not good

Agreed, but Mo and Mills not being here is worst case scenario. I am pretty positive both will be out there against South Alabama. 

33 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Agreed, but Mo and Mills not being here is worst case scenario. I am pretty positive both will be out there against South Alabama. 

I'm of the mind that we not count on having Mo for the first few games of the year, but Mills/Jones/Mazour/Johnson should be enough for South Alabama. 

• Plus1 1