The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

The starting Duck-R for UCF in 2017 also averaged 5-6 carries a game, so it's not unreasonable to include Jones/Wan'Dale in the list of guys running the ball against South Alabama. They are not good. Not Bethune Cookman bad, but they are far and away the worst team on our schedule.

I fully expect Wandale to get 5-6 carries a game.  Too dangerous of a player to not see some of him in the backfield.  If Jones can get it figured out I'd expect him to be in the mix some as well.

This is what the running back room looks like right now. #1 Mo...questionable with legal stuff. #2 Wyatt Mazour.....hurt his hip prior to spring practice, been limited but I expect him to play Saturday. #3 Brody Belt....quick, knows the offense good reciever, been making plays this spring vs #1 defense. #4 Miles Jones....would be 2nd back, but mostly plays wr. Hes looked good in practice. #5 J. Bradley...looks confused on offense and doesnt hit the hole like he should. #6 Austin Hemphill...walk on fullback. #7 Moses Bryant...just moved to rb, has to be told before every play where to go. Dont expect many reps during spring game. #8/#9 Roth brothers...both walk on fullbacks.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

The starting Duck-R for UCF in 2017 also averaged 5-6 carries a game, so it's not unreasonable to include Jones/Wan'Dale in the list of guys running the ball against South Alabama. They are not good. Not Bethune Cookman bad, but they are far and away the worst team on our schedule.

It’ll largely depend on how the other running backs do. There are a few things to keep in mind about that 2017 season.

They tried a lot of backs. They weren’t getting the performance they wanted out of them, except Killans whom is very small. That left a lot of openings for Anderson, whom proved to be a very reliable all purpose back.

We have the potential to have a lot more well rounded talent in the backfield than that team did, which wouldn’t necessitate the number of carries that we saw from Anderson late in that season. On the other hand, Jones and Robinson will likely exit fall camp with a considerable knowledge advantage. 

I mentioned this in the thread about Mo's legal issues, but it sounds like he is entering a plea on Wednesday.  This would tell me that the plea agreement would probably mean reduced charges, and probably no jail time.  Based on those facts, this shouldn't hinder Mo's eligibility with the team, other than a possible/probably 1 game suspension for the 2019 opener.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I mentioned this in the thread about Mo's legal issues, but it sounds like he is entering a plea on Wednesday.  This would tell me that the plea agreement would probably mean reduced charges, and probably no jail time.  Based on those facts, this shouldn't hinder Mo's eligibility with the team, other than a possible/probably 1 game suspension for the 2019 opener.

I don't think there is any deal yet.  It sounds like guilty or not guilty. 

11 hours ago, JoeSakic2019 said:

A plea is either "Im guilty" or "Im not guilty" . Nobody knows if there has been a deal made.

That's not necessarily true. You may schedule a hearing such as this to submit the details of a plea agreement if one has been reached, and then the defendant may enter a plea of guilty or no contest at that time.

I don't know if a plea has been reached but the idea that this is a 'guilty or not guilty' situation may not be the case. It's certainly a possibility, but it's not the only one. If a plea agreement has been reached then we may find out about it.

11 hours ago, JoeSakic2019 said:

A plea is either "Im guilty" or "Im not guilty" . Nobody knows if there has been a deal made.

I'm not a lawyer, but my dad watched a lot of Matlock when I was a kid.  My thoughts were an educated guess on what usually happens in these situations.  Yes, nobody knows if a deal has been made.

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm not a lawyer, but my dad watched a lot of Matlock when I was a kid.  My thoughts were an educated guess on what usually happens in these situations.  Yes, nobody knows if a deal has been made.

Let me guess which hotel you stayed at last night.... Holiday Inn Express?

• Haha 1