The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

2 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Yes, after the entire defense is unconscious on the ground due to a truck stick. 

That's kinda what I was going to say. He'll break more tackles than ankles but I think his speed is decent. Otherwise he probably wouldn't be in Lincoln

Not a lot of long runs in either video, but whatevs

• Plus1 1

There is a similarity in Georgia Tech and Nebraska in that a power back and speed back can be on the field at the same time. They did it with the flexbone, Nebraska with the R receiver. A guy like Robinson can’t be covered with a LB, but he can motion into the box and require one at any time. Hopefully, the tight ends develop to the point they can move around and become difficulties, too. All of a sudden a defense has to make personnel decisions for all of these hybrids and Mills starts to feel like an inevitability and the defense’s response opens up big plays.

So maybe he’s only getting 10, but his ability to demand extra defenders means someone else gets 50. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
40 minutes ago, brophog said:

There is a similarity in Georgia Tech and Nebraska in that a power back and speed back can be on the field at the same time. They did it with the flexbone, Nebraska with the R receiver. A guy like Robinson can’t be covered with a LB, but he can motion into the box and require one at any time. Hopefully, the tight ends develop to the point they can move around and become difficulties, too. All of a sudden a defense has to make personnel decisions for all of these hybrids and Mills starts to feel like an inevitability and the defense’s response opens up big plays.

So maybe he’s only getting 10, but his ability to demand extra defenders means someone else gets 50. 

Then we leave Washington in as a receiver and he burns the D for an 80 yard td catch.

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Then we leave Washington in as a receiver and he burns the D for an 80 yard td catch.

That’s an element he brings that the other RBs don’t. Frost loves to use empty sets with a RB in the set, often either as a QB draw or quick motion the RB back in the backfield.

1 hour ago, brophog said:

Frost loves to use empty sets with a RB in the set, often either as a QB draw or quick motion the RB back in the backfield.

This play isn't an empty back field set, but I made a gif of this just now because it's one of my favorite touchdowns from last year:

kHAPte.gif

I love this play because of how effortless both Martinez and Washington make it look. That OLB had absolutely no chance of covering Mo.

*Edit 1: Been a lot of talk about Mo not gaining enough weight in the offseason but look how freaking light on his feet he is. He seriously flies. There is no real limit to what Scott will do this season with this kid.

*Edit 2: Look at how the two receivers wide on the left side curl in to draw one of the safeties out of position. That's something you've talked about before, @brophog.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, brophog said:

The thought of a LB trying to cover Robinson or Mo or Rahmir makes me smile.

31 minutes ago, Undone said:

I love this play because of how effortless both Martinez and Washington make it look. That OLB had absolutely no chance of covering Mo.

Iowa has changed their defense to putting more emphasis on recruiting Safeties and playing with 2 LBs and I like to think it was all because of this play. :B)

2 hours ago, Undone said:

This play isn't an empty back field set, but I made a gif of this just now because it's one of my favorite touchdowns from last year:

kHAPte.gif

*Edit 1: Been a lot of talk about Mo not gaining enough weight in the offseason but look how freaking light on his feet he is. He seriously flies. There is no real limit to what Scott will do this season with this kid.

*Edit 2: Look at how the two receivers wide on the left side curl in to draw one of the safeties out of position. That's something you've talked about before, @brophog.

Frost said in the presser today that Washington has gotten faster. 

• Plus1 1