The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

On 8/11/2019 at 4:12 PM, Pedro G said:

Frost said Washington is now a step faster. One of the coaches said he has a fast metabolism, which keeps him from gaining more weight. Assuming he plays, he may remain at 190 his whole time here. 

He was only a Freshman last year so a year in the weight room along with understanding and being more comfortable with the plays certainly can result in him being faster. I'm excited for sure. 

11 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I'll never understand why people put so much emphasis on this.  How often does a running back really "take it to the house"?  It's a pretty rare play.

Well, you could ask Frost, because it's pretty high on his list.

11 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

If this kid can grind 5-15 yards like a bulldozer, as shown in these videos, he's going to have a huge year.

I'd be pretty sure there are quite a few more plays where a RB takes it to the house than bulldozes his way for 15 yards.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I'd be pretty sure there are quite a few more plays where a RB takes it to the house than bulldozes his way for 15 yards.

Yeah, 15 is a strange number because that’s often around safety depth. That’s why to illustrate this idea 10 and 20 yards are usually used to denote quality runs that did or did not beat the safety.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:30 PM, Mavric said:

Exactly.  They got ozigbo (who was known as being anything but a homerun hitter)to do it numerous times last year

On 8/15/2019 at 11:30 PM, Mavric said:

Frost has said Mills is faster than he thought.