The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

14 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

they seem to be in over their head.  They're not handling the 4 games right AND by doing so they are discouraging young players to enter the transfer portal.

No doubt about this.   Get every kid you can some meaningful snaps.   See how they do against their new peers.  Obviously, I don't expect a true fresh to grade out well against a senior, but you should be able to see their "potential".  See of the HS rankings were accurate.  Also get them experience. This whole season has been they're young....wait til next year....Well get them experience this year so they can build on that for next year....

The staff appears to risk injury to Wan'dale than burn X players RS.....

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

We ready to blame Ryan Held then?

No stone unturned....We lost Mo....next man up....Staff should've seen this with Mo.  Even Held talked about having to get him motivated to play....Should have been getting guys ready....Only position we should give a pass to to is the DB's.  They've been hit hard with injuries.  At least Jax got sat last year until he got his mind right....

1 hour ago, Decked said:

If I was Mills or Johnson I would be out of here. The absolute mismanagement of our running back room is horrid. 

I wouldn't leave if I was either one of those guys - they'll both be playing a ton of snaps next year, guaranteed.

Our running back situation right now though is bad without Washington. Mills just isn't capable of making something out of a small hole, and we really need Wan'Dale at receiver.

• 8 months later...

40 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

Wan Dale doesn't fit as a RB.....too much pounding for his body makeup. you need several physical thumpers to play in this league.

Be great to get/develop to the point we can have 2-3 "starters" that we can rotate without drop off.  Ones that are not a one trick pony, but can get outside, run inside etc....TBH, getting two deep across the board would really help too:D

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

Wan Dale doesn't fit as a RB.....too much pounding for his body makeup. you need several physical thumpers to play in this league.

I think sometimes people think it is a video game.  But the beating they take, even on plays when they are not carrying the ball, really takes a toll.  

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Bledred said:

Mills will be the top RB in the West easy this season.  If we have a season. 

Ibrahim from Minnesota is pretty good, and somebody at Wisconsin (Jalen Berger?) will probably run for more yards. Weirdly down year for RBs in the West though, and I think Mills is really solid so barring someone randomly and spectacularly breaking out you're probably right. Easy top 2 preseason anyway.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Ibrahim from Minnesota is pretty good, and somebody at Wisconsin (Jalen Berger?) will probably run for more yards. Weirdly down year for RBs in the West though, and I think Mills is really solid so barring someone randomly and spectacularly breaking out you're probably right. Easy top 2 preseason anyway.

There are some pretty good players throughout the Big Ten.  Mills will have plenty of competition - even on his team.  A 400 yard rusher has a lot to prove. He could do well but he has not done it yet imo.  Hope we get to see him, atleast by fall 2021.