The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

I dont think athletic ability per se is the issue with special teams.  Walkons can and should play wherever and whenever they are the best option.  Scholarship or not, best man needs to play. 

Saving redshirts is pretty simple with 160 roster count and 4 game rule.   S&C has been an issue and would have been much less so this fall but for the virus shutdown.   I dont know what to think.  I dont expect to play until fall 21 so a whole year of prep and practice will be more than adequate to put NU in competitive equivalent spot.

With 2021, Frost will have few excuses for not being ready to challenge for Big Ten west. Year 4 in time with nearly 2 years of red shirting to build the foundation.   

On 7/22/2020 at 12:31 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

I dont think athletic ability per se is the issue with special teams.  Walkons can and should play wherever and whenever they are the best option.  Scholarship or not, best man needs to play. 

Saving redshirts is pretty simple with 160 roster count and 4 game rule.   S&C has been an issue and would have been much less so this fall but for the virus shutdown.   I dont know what to think.  I dont expect to play until fall 21 so a whole year of prep and practice will be more than adequate to put NU in competitive equivalent spot.

With 2021, Frost will have few excuses for not being ready to challenge for Big Ten west. Year 4 in time with nearly 2 years of red shirting to build the foundation.   

starting back in 2021 would be best.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, Toe said:

This was posted to his recruiting profile, but I think it deserves to be here too. Jaquez Yant. Freshman walk-on.

Listed as 6'2" on the roster, interesting. Just need a ton of guys competing for these spots and pushing each other like this to be better a la the Osborne era.

• Plus1 1