The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

On 10/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, CAHusker said:

On a side note, and I know this is a RB thread, but have we ever been this stocked with talent at QB?  Three legitimate four star guys,  and they are all gifted athletically.  

You’d have to go all the way back to 2018, where we started the year with Martinez, Gebbia, and O’Brien. Good ol’ days, when times were simpler. 

2 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

You’d have to go all the way back to 2018, where we started the year with Martinez, Gebbia, and O’Brien. Good ol’ days, when times were simpler. 

Hilarious!  Honestly, I just didn't think about those three.  I guess it might be because we knew these guys were probably not going to work for what Frost wanted to do.  Additionally, they were not as athletic as the three we have now.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, CAHusker said:

Hilarious!  Honestly, I just didn't think about those three.  I guess it might be because we knew these guys were probably not going to work for what Frost wanted to do.  Additionally, they were not as athletic as the three we have now.  

I would agree.  The athleticism at the position is fantastic right now.

3 hours ago, CAHusker said:

Agreed.  Just making a joke since I feel like we've never been short of 4* backup quarterbacks.

3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Agreed.  Just making a joke since I feel like we've never been short of 4* backup quarterbacks.

Oh no, it was a great post, I laughed out loud.    I was just sitting here asking myself, do I actually remember anything anymore?  Freekn 2020!  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is Thompkins is the #2 RB as of right now.

Coaches trying to decide if they'll release a depth chart to the public before the first game or not...

There’s a lot of talent in that room so for him to come out as #2 especially ahead of Rahmir who played last year is pretty big. Great for him if true.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This actually really (pleasantly) surprises me.  It's exciting that a talent like his can possibly contribute quite a bit this year.

Yes and no. The talent is there but Scott and Morrison are not mentally ready to contribute just yet. So really you have a bunch of walk-ons & a RS FR Johnson who still needs to add more weight & keep studying his playbook. Thompson is by far and away the best natural talent of anyone in that room. He just hasn’t been able to stay healthy. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1