The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Hmmmm

Bet?

If I win, I get your mod status for a day, where I can finally make the changes that this site needs!!!!

If I lose, I tell you the changes this site needs and you make them.

Deal?

Why mod status, when you can Say car ramrod :lol:

farva.gig_.gif

• Haha 1

I remember in a different era, Nebraska had a running back who had surgery on both knees. What is amazing about this story is in 1969, medicine didn’t have many of the advances as of today. But Joe Orduna fully recovered on both his knees, and he was as good as ever in the Huskers first national Championship team of 1970. Frost thought Thompkins was as good as any RB in the country before he got injured. Thus it’s possible he can fully recovered and become an elite back.

• Plus1 5

5 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I remember in a different era, Nebraska had a running back who had surgery on both knees. What is amazing about this story is in 1969, medicine didn’t have many of the advances as of today. But Joe Orduna fully recovered on both his knees, and he was as good as ever in the Huskers first national Championship team of 1970. Frost thought Thompkins was as good as any RB in the country before he got injured. Thus it’s possible he can fully recovered and become an elite back.

Especially now when they can take a cadaver Achilles tendon and replace your ACL with that. 

11 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'd have to say Sevion Morrison is right there in that same realm...however, he only just arrived. 

Afterall, you don't go around breaking Spencer Tillman's record because you're a poor RB.  And if you're a 0.8939 4 star composite...I'd say you must be a pretty good RB.

I like Sevion a lot also, specifically because of his build. I'm excited that we got him to come here.

I told my wife, who is near graduation to be an ER doc, the awesome comeback story that is Thompkins and she replied "We're so weak behind Mills that a guy with 3 ACL tears is our number two guy." We're all assuming it's because he's so good that he earned it. Hopefully that's closer to the truth than he's the second best available among other young but promising talent. Even still, having that injury history is never going to be ideal.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I told my wife, who is near graduation to be an ER doc, the awesome comeback story that is Thompkins and she replied "We're so weak behind Mills that a guy with 3 ACL tears is our number two guy." We're all assuming it's because he's so good that he earned it. Hopefully that's closer to the truth than he's the second best available among other young but promising talent. Even still, having that injury history is never going to be ideal.

Good morning to you too.

• Plus1 1
On 10/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, BlitzFirst said:

I'd have to say Sevion Morrison is right there in that same realm...however, he only just arrived. 

Afterall, you don't go around breaking Spencer Tillman's record because you're a poor RB.  And if you're a 0.8939 4 star composite...I'd say you must be a pretty good RB.

Morrison is the exact same type of back for sure. Dynamic workhorse 

• 2 months later...