The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

It's hard to tell how good oz or wilbon are because they played in a awful offense behind an even worse oline, but if i had to guess i would say that bell and wilbon get the majority of the carries and Washington or Bradley passes wilbon maybe by conference play.

Edited by LumberJackSker
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yes and no.  I do think we have some good options.

I doubt Ozigbo really sees the field.  I like Bryant but I have my doubts that he'll be a really big factor.  Mazour is a nice story but that's about it.  Washington is still a question mark to get here.  And Miles doesn't have a place in this offense.

Even with all that, I think Bell and Wilbon will be really good in this offense.  Bradley as well but he might have to wait a year to get a lot of run.  I think Bryant could be as well but I don't trust his knees.  Washington could also be good but not this year (if at all).

Not confident in Washington qualifying?

If Miles stays then what does he play? HBack? LB? Goal line back?

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

I don't really have a strong feeling one way or the other.  Just seen a couple times that he still has work to do.

I don't know where Miles would play.  About the only thing he could try would be H-Back (or LB I guess).  I expect him to transfer.

I applaud Ozigbo's attitude and desire to be the starter. That's the exact kind of mentality we want to see from every player. I just wouldn't put money on it after Ryan Held's comments that being a 'home run hitter' is the number one attribute they look for in a running back. That's not Zig.

But, despite everything, that dude has still found ways to be a contributor the last two seasons even if he isn't necessarily a feature back.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Ozigbo has done everything he has been asked of...........no, he is not your break way runner, but he is steady.

Edited by Hunter94
On 4/3/2018 at 4:57 PM, ScottyIce said:

Is it just me, or is this RB room full, like overly full.

SR Ozigbo

SR Wilbon

JR Bryant

JR Bell

JR Mazour

SO Bradley

FR Washington

FR Ben Miles

Also getting a few carries a game:

Miles

Lindsey

Spielman

Plus add in that the QB will be running the ball a little bit.

Not sure there are enough footballs to go around to keep everyone happy.

None appear to be in the 'great' category but we have a bunch of good ones there.  I don't see the list as being all that extra long.  Couple seniors be gone in a year, with a redshirt or two possibly.   Miles is a full back really from all I recall.   Mazour is underrated and I think could be the starter and do exceedingly well for Frost.  He's could power, quick, hands, blocks, hits hard, speed, etc.   He is probably the best all arounder of the bunch in many ways.

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

None appear to be in the 'great' category but we have a bunch of good ones there.  I don't see the list as being all that extra long.  Couple seniors be gone in a year, with a redshirt or two possibly.   Miles is a full back really from all I recall.   Mazour is underrated and I think could be the starter and do exceedingly well for Frost.  He's could power, quick, hands, blocks, hits hard, speed, etc.   He is probably the best all arounder of the bunch in many ways.

Best based on what, a spring game?

• Plus1 3