The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

7 hours ago, boach_clack said:

I think the RB's will be on an equal rotation until they enter conference play.  Everyone is so excited about Tre Bryant, but he really didn't scorch any good run defenses.  I look for this to be settles week 5 or 6. 

yeah his stats in the fourth game were weak at best.....

51 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Yay more people putting words in mouth, I never said amything about him being not being talented.  Good old Huskerboard making up fake news one post at a time.  And no playing well in an all star game means squat to success in college.  Jesus Christ I hope he is really good.  Fact his high school competition was weak, you can gather your own opinion about all star games.  I think they are a foolish way to judge any player.  

48 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

What makes you say his high school competition was weak. His junior year he played in California- his senior year he played in Texas. Those are 2 of the most talent rich states in the US. Just curious how the competition was weak? The only 2 states that are equal or better would be Florida and Georgia.

I'm really looking forward to the answer to this question.  No pressure - but please please please answer.

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

Yay more people putting words in mouth, I never said amything about him being not being talented.  Good old Huskerboard making up fake news one post at a time.

What. on. earth. are you talking about? swmohusker did nothing of the sort in their post.

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Zacharias said:

How was it extremely subpar? He played in the Dallas ft worth area. I’m pretty sure there is pleanty of talent down there.

Not trying to go out of my way to defend King Blank or put down Washington, but his high school of Trinity Christian is a private school in Texas. Private schools don’t play the same competition as public schools in Texas, so the competition isn’t as tough in the private school division.  Other than that, I don’t know much about Washington’s competition in high school. I’m not worried about that though. I still think he will do just fine at NU. 

• Plus1 1

49 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not trying to go out of my way to defend King Blank or put down Washington, but his high school of Trinity Christian is a private school in Texas. Private schools don’t play the same competition as public schools in Texas, so the competition isn’t as tough in the private school division.  Other than that, I don’t know much about Washington’s competition in high school. I’m not worried about that though. I still think he will do just fine at NU. 

This is correct, although there’s no need to defend, I am correct as are you.

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

His junior year in California he had even better stats. Was that a private school too? 

As far as Texas private schools, guessing that competition is still better than majority of the country? 

25 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

His junior year in California he had even better stats. Was that a private school too? 

As far as Texas private schools, guessing that competition is still better than majority of the country? 

I have no idea about California. Again, I was just pointing out the difference of private and public schools in Texas. The competition at the private schools or TAPPS division is significantly lower than the public school or UIL division in Texas. I’m not saying there aren’t great players on those private school teams, but the overall competition is weaker in the private school division. I don’t know how that competition would compare to the rest of the country.

8 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Is this the best stable of running backs since the "We" back days?

IMO, the ‘95 team had the best RB room. It was so stacked that Ahman Green started the season as 4th string behind LP, Childs, and Benning. Even the amazing athlete Jay Sims was only getting mop-up duty in those games. 

1 hour ago, Crusader Husker said:

Is this the best stable of running backs since the "We" back days?

I don’t know what that is, but I’m still gonna say no. We have a bunch of RBs who didn’t look great last year (yes I know the OL wasn’t good) + some new guys we haven’t seen play. I think Helu, Burkhead, Abdullah (although I can't remember for sure if Abdullah was here when Helu was a Sr.) was a better group of RBs than what we have now but maybe one of our current guys will be better than any of them.