The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

3 minutes ago, Toe said:

They used to include an injured list on the depth chart, but yeah, that's gone now...

I mean we all want the information, but it really does no one any good. Opposing teams know who they don't have to prepare for, or at least who might be limited. I don't think many teams will specifically target injuries to make them worse, but if you know where a guy is hurting it's not difficult to get extra hits in. In a lot of cases (Martinez, Robinson), they'll know that anyway but there is no benefit in telling everyone whether they could play or not at this point. And I'm sure there are cases where guys get dinged up in practice, why tell people when a guy is nursing a shoulder injury ahead of time?

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost commented in today's presser that while they want to redshirt Rahmir, he may be pressed into more PT due to the current depth at RB.  I also think that Thompkins needed to have another surgery on his knee, so he's probably out for the entire season.

Miles Jones looks to be the guy who could get looks at filling in and getting more PT.  I bought a quart of milk the other day and Jaylin Bradley's picture was on the side of it for a missing person's report.

At this point I would play whatever guys are deserving and not worry about the Red Shirts.  We have 5 full games left plus a potential bowl game for them to develop experience that can be an asset in 2020.  Also, if Frost truly believes he will consistently bring in great recruiting classes year over year, there should be a pipeline of other great RB recruits the next 4 years (we already have Sevion Morrison and Wandale will be around for hopefully 3 more years)....so my vote is to play as many Freshman as possible with the exception of McCaffrey. :)

16 hours ago, Red Five said:

RB depth chart looks very thin at the moment.

Mills

Mazour

Belt

Wandale is hurt, and who knows knows when he'll be ready.

We wasted 2 games of Rahmir Johnson.  Do they want to burn his shirt?

Will MIles Jones get any carries?

Is Ronald Thompkins even close to being able to get any carries against Purdue or Maryland?

Is Jaylin Bradley still on the team?

My nephew went to school with JB and still talks to him semi-regularly.   Sounds like he got injured during fall camp and doesn't sound like he's back yet.  I asked him during the NW game about it.  Haven't heard any updates since, but I'm guessing he is still dealing with the injury.

I don't think we should prioritize redshirting Rahmir. RB is probably the best position as far as making a difference right out of high school. 

Unless the freshman RB is injured (Ronald Thompkins) or there are a stable of top backs already on the roster who are set to get the majority of carries, RBs should get on the field ASAP!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

I was thinking the same but I don't think we will. Those 2 will be true RBs and Nixon will compliment as Duck R and that should be enough

Johnson will have a much bigger role next year I would think. Sevion and Scott will probably be ready as well. That's 4 with Mills - plenty 

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

Johnson will have a much bigger role next year I would think. Sevion and Scott will probably be ready as well. That's 4 with Mills - plenty 

You are missing Ronald Thompkins which makes 5. Only issue is it will be 4 freshman and a senior, you'd like a little distribution among classes. 

3 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Well he looks to be a men among boys currently.  Keep in mind that when he gets into college, the game speeds up quite a bit.  I agree, he's got some exciting tape...but remember, so did Greg Bell.  And look at where he is now and what he's doing for numbers...35 rushes for 173 yards in 2018 with San Diego State and he's questionable if he's even with the team now.  He was the #2 rated JUCO RB.

Busts happen...it's not fun, but they do.  Let's see him get here first and crown him 'best of the bunch' later.

I thought Bell had a mysterious season ending surgery recently...And they're hoping for a medical redshirt to get 2 more years...