The Running Back Room

ScottyIce

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I made this comment in my status update, but I also think that Washington has the speed and athleticism which has been missing on previous rosters (or even the roster in the spring)  When there are comments from different players and coaches specifically mentioning Washington, he obviously stands out in practice.

This staff has improved everything. The incoming players are an improvement, and the existing players have improved. It has been a long time since I have seen so many Huskers in fantastic shape.

• Plus1 1

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Something they were just talking about on the radio.  Last year, no RB at UCF averaged more than 15 carries per game.  That would allow someone like Tre Bryant or a lighter Freshman to stay healthy.

It will be fun to see a tired defense face a fresh , lightening quick RB ... and this year, the RB will have a N on his helmet!!!

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, there was talk this morning that they really liked using four RBs last year

I can hear the grumbles from people who don't like 'running back by committee' now...

5 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I'd just like to add that it's the OL also that hasn't "shown they're good enough".  If the strides have really been made in correcting the OL issues then we should see a nice increase in production even with the backs we have.  Ya, perhaps we have been down a notch in terms of great RB's ... but between philosophy and bad OL fundamentals and scheme what RB was gonna really be a stud.  I think we have a few really good RB's now ... hopefully the OL takes a big jump as that will really help us to get a few more 3rd down conversions and keep the offense on the field.

We went over this just a few days ago in a piece called Tre Bryant vs the cats that can't scoot. 

5 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Washington has already won the Heisman in some peoples eyes it seems like.

I am impressed that he looks this good coming in just before fall camp, but lets tap the brakes slightly on this kid.

Hopefully he can be a factor at some point but my money is not on this year.

Now that is silly talk - being a "factor" has already happened

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Now that is silly talk - being a "factor" has already happened

Agree here, especially with the bolded (we haven't had a game yet). It's more crazy to think Washington won't be a factor this year than to think he'll get most of the carries, imho. It's basically a given he'll be a factor this year. We've had 5+ coaches and players raving about him and we're 5 practices in.

• Plus1 1