Huskers @ Husker Classic - Tempe, Arizona

Mavric

6 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Great way to start the season. Alvarado with 9 K’a and some nice clutch hitting. Man that park is big, held in 2-3 “normal” homers that would have made the lead bigger.

Just want to add, of the 4 parks we visited, Diablo Staidum is the worst spring training park in Arizona. Exceptionally long walk from general parking lot to stadium, seats face toward the outfield instead of the plate - have to crane your neck to watch the pitch if you’re seated down the line, (my biggest gripe) no “lawn” seating beyond the OF wall like the other parks, plus the concessions are right on top of the bleachers/seats so if it’s a highly attended game, it has really congested walk ways. 

With that said, hope to see the offensive philosophy improve this season, it’s a good start. 

One thing I love about college ball is how much the rotation changes year to year. Apparently my ability to pay attention is terrible because I had no idea Alvarado pitched relief last year. But to see such a key offensive player (who I wasn't aware ever pitched for us) open the season for us was pretty surreal.

Glad to see he got the season off to a great start! 9 Ks is nothing to shake a stick at. Impressed with the bats last night too.