NU football clinic

Redout

On April 2, the Nebraska football staff will make their first pitch to the high school football coaches here in Nebraska. Callahan appears to be the one who got the ball rolling on this one. It begins at about @ 9:30am on Friday and will go on all day and then pick up again on Staurday till about 1pm.

There will be a number of coaches that will speak, ones associated w/ NU and others who are not, in the morning and then around 3pm all of the coaches will be allowed to view the entire football practice, then later that night Cosgrove, Norvell and Callahan will all speak. Later that night social hour. (Boy, I can't believe that, a bunch of football coaches sitting around and drinkin) :blink:

My point in bringing this up is two fold. One is to inform you guys of an interesting development and the other is because this is something totally new for NU. Now I've only coached a few years in Nebraska, but Solich has never done anything like this, it's a nice new twist. Sure some of it is for PR, but Callahan is showing the state that he is dedicated to NU and the state. He wants to be accessable and let coaches know to keep sending those kids to NU and that NU is a great place to play ball and get an education.

Wow, I never realized NU has never done this - it's such an intregal part of most schools' efforts to get the high school coaches on their side.

That brings up an interesting point. One thing Arkansas - and a number of other schools - is doing is "Junior Day". This is a day in which select current high school juniors are invited to the school to view the facilities, meet and greet, etc. Apparently, all as sanctioned by the NCAA. The juniors are not necessarily from in-state. Gives a school a big leg-up in making favorable contact.

Does Nebraska do this - or any of the Big 12 schools?

Is this only for coaches within the state? I would love to attend something like that. We have similar clinics here in Cali. I attended one at USC a couple of years ago. I don't care for USC, but PC was really a great host and I learned a lot. If there is a place I can get info., please share. Thanks!

ps. It seems BC really has an organized plan and is working it. I am impressed.