2018 Spring Game Visitors

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Do you think locking up Cam Jurgens early helped Riley in recruiting?  He was a local top 100ish player.

It was nice to have a player of his caliber rooming the sidelines almost every week for two years with recruits. It was like having an extra recruiting staff member. 

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

It was nice to have a player of his caliber rooming the sidelines almost every week for two years with recruits. It was like having an extra recruiting staff member. 

I just wonder what impact it really had.  It seemed that Bookie did more to help (and eventually more to hurt) recruiting for 2018.

Maybe Cam was good for it.  Who knows?  

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I just wonder what impact it really had.  It seemed that Bookie did more to help (and eventually more to hurt) recruiting for 2018.

Maybe Cam was good for it.  Who knows?  

I think it's impossible to know. I just remember always seeing photos on gameday of Jurgens in a circle of recruits, for two years. 

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Riley didn't win games. That's why the last class fell apart 

Completely agree.  They were successful at getting top rated players interested.  They even had some of those commit.  But, Bookie and others started realizing that as much as they liked the staff and Nebraska, they weren't going to win here under them.  Ultimately, they want to win. 

If Riley would have been winning 9+ games a year, chances are, that class would have stayed together.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Completely agree.  They were successful at getting top rated players interested.  They even had some of those commit.  But, Bookie and others started realizing that as much as they liked the staff and Nebraska, they weren't going to win here under them.  Ultimately, they want to win. 

If Riley would have been winning 9+ games a year, chances are, that class would have stayed together.

Bo won 9+ games and didn't do well with top players

Riley didn't win 9+ games but did do well with top players

I hope Frost is able to see what the recipe is

Edited by StPaulHusker
1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

How do you know this?

Edit:  For the record, I didn't mean to imply he was "not good" for recruiting.  I'm just wondering if he had that much impact on it.

Are you serious - There isn't one quote out there that leads anyone to think that he did.  There is also not one situation out there where you could make an educated guess that it would be the case.  

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Bo won 9+ games and didn't do well with top players

Riley didn't win 9+ games but did do well with top players

I hope Frost is able to see what the recipe is

Bo did not like to recruit so he basically didnt. But he won 9+ games. Imagine if he wasnt too lazy or stubborn to recruit what he could have done if he had better talent on the roster. 

Riley could recruit but he was too lazy to coach. Imagine if he could coach and won 9-10 games a year and showed progress. Recruiting would have only gotten better. 

We saw what frost did at UCF and other stops- he is a winner. He coaches well and wins. We have seen so far he has a clear direction on recruiting and all signs point to him being a solid recruiter as well. He puts in the effort. So when the wins come the recruiting will get a little easier. Then the wins pile up and the recruits start to pile up. That is when you become elite on Alabama and Ohio State level. 

We have not had a duel threat coach in a long time. I think we have one now.