S/OLB/RB Travis Lewis

• 1 month later...

This is looking ugly...just checked over at Rivals and they no longer have him on our committment list...they have his list as High interest in OU. Everyone else (including us) are listed as very low interest.

What happened here? I will hold out hope that our coaches get him back on track but this would be very bad considering LB's Patin and Hicks just went off the board yesterday.

Yeah,he's a "kid" but I don't get this kind of behavior and don't think there's a good excuse for it. If one really doesn't know what they want to do they should keep their pie hole shut. Screwing over people by pretending one thing and doing another is inexcusable. I don't have all the facts so maybe this is off base, but it sure looks like it stinks. What, are some coaches screwing over opponents with back door deals?

Yep he's gone. There's another kid lured away. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!! I am beginning to think our coaching doesn't have that "WOW" factor like some of the other coaches do. Dunno man this is a BUMMER!!!!!!!!

"Wow" factor? Are you kidding me?

We took Dillard out of their backyard. We ripped a hot JuCo QB from them when they had no QB's for the coming year and we had an almost given as a starter in Sam Keller.

Oklahomo is fresh off of several BCS games and we haven't had one in forever (5 years?)

Oklahomo is closer to Texas which is where he is from.

I cannot believe you just said our coaching doesn't have that "WOW" factor..........UNBELIEVABLE.

Are you a closet Stoops fan?

I cannot believe you just posted that...I'm speachless, I think I'm gonna go puke now.

Yep he's gone. There's another kid lured away. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!! I am beginning to think our coaching doesn't have that "WOW" factor like some of the other coaches do. Dunno man this is a BUMMER!!!!!!!!

We took Dillard out of their backyard. We ripped a hot JuCo QB from them when they had no QB's for the coming year and we had an almost given as a starter in Sam Keller.

Oklahomo is fresh off of several BCS games and we haven't had one in forever (5 years?)

I cannot believe you just said our coaching doesn't have that "WOW" factor..........UNBELIEVABLE.

I cannot believe you just posted that...I'm speachless, I think I'm gonna go puke now.

Yeah thats it a closet Stoops fan! :sarcasm The "WOW" factor I was gearing towards is how coaches WIN kids over!! Not too mention the possibility of being a potential first year starter. If you wanna talk about BCS crap then explain why teams like Pittsburgh or South Carolina are AHEAD yeah that's right I said AHEAD of us in the recruiting game???? Can't use the excuse of BCS games there! Not too mention that both of those schools landed recruits out of Florida, which the last time I checked were NOT close to either of these two states!

Also, explain "Oklahomo is fresh off of several BCS games and we haven't had one in forever (5 years?)

". Last time I checked we played 2 BCS teams last year. (USC and OU) I am however assuming that you meant BCS Bowl games.

Yeah thats it a closet Stoops fan! :sarcasm The "WOW" factor I was gearing towards is how coaches WIN kids over!! Not too mention the possibility of being a potential first year starter. If you wanna talk about BCS crap then explain why teams like Pittsburgh or South Carolina are AHEAD yeah that's right I said AHEAD of us in the recruiting game???? Can't use the excuse of BCS games there! Not too mention that both of those schools landed recruits out of Florida, which the last time I checked were NOT close to either of these two states!

Also, explain "Oklahomo is fresh off of several BCS games and we haven't had one in forever (5 years?)

". Last time I checked we played 2 BCS teams last year. (USC and OU) I am however assuming that you meant BCS Bowl games.

Rivals has our class ranked 10th (after Lewis is removed) and we certainly were not the 10th best team this past season. Imo, Lewis (as well as David Ross, Lucky, etc.) never even considers us unless our coaches have some "WOW" factor.

It's not wise to formulate a general opinion off one incident. Should do so off the class as a whole, and this is still a pretty good class.

From a local San Antonio paper,

Lewis said, "I told Coach Bill Callahan that once I commit, and I told this to Oklahoma, once I commit then I am committed. That is why I didn't make a decision early. I didn't want to be a player that would commit and decommit."

When was that dated? Back in December?