S/OLB/RB Travis Lewis

Yep he's gone. There's another kid lured away. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!! I am beginning to think our coaching doesn't have that "WOW" factor like some of the other coaches do. Dunno man this is a BUMMER!!!!!!!!

"Wow" factor? Are you kidding me?

We took Dillard out of their backyard. We ripped a hot JuCo QB from them when they had no QB's for the coming year and we had an almost given as a starter in Sam Keller.

Oklahomo is fresh off of several BCS games and we haven't had one in forever (5 years?)

Oklahomo is closer to Texas which is where he is from.

I cannot believe you just said our coaching doesn't have that "WOW" factor..........UNBELIEVABLE.

Are you a closet Stoops fan?

I cannot believe you just posted that...I'm speachless, I think I'm gonna go puke now.

Yeah thats it a closet Stoops fan! :sarcasm The "WOW" factor I was gearing towards is how coaches WIN kids over!! Not too mention the possibility of being a potential first year starter. If you wanna talk about BCS crap then explain why teams like Pittsburgh or South Carolina are AHEAD yeah that's right I said AHEAD of us in the recruiting game???? Can't use the excuse of BCS games there! Not too mention that both of those schools landed recruits out of Florida, which the last time I checked were NOT close to either of these two states!

Also, explain "Oklahomo is fresh off of several BCS games and we haven't had one in forever (5 years?)

". Last time I checked we played 2 BCS teams last year. (USC and OU) I am however assuming that you meant BCS Bowl games.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I did mean BCS bowl games. I thought that was a given because I am pretty sure we play against BCS teams every year. Just off the top of my head I can think of every Big 12 team, I think are BCS teams? Maybe I am assuming too much there?

Our Florida recruiting has fallen off with the increase in emphasis of Texas and Arizona. I think they realized it is awfully difficult to recruit FL as compared to Texas.

Rank the average of the last three classes of the above schools you mentioned then we can talk about how this staff has no wow factor.

Excuse me for a second while I pause for an emotional breakdown..................(clears throat) a;uedfpaoejfa;uifeda;ldjvnla;cjva;ldjf;laue;rja;lfja;ldf :madash adkfma;ldjv;ladmv;lakudjrl;aejmlfka :steam d;laujv;lajvd;laduf;lajdf;lakd :rant adkjfa;ljv;auidvj;ava :throw

I love it when idiots run their mouths about "hey I'm committing to this team and that's where I'm going and then....................oops sorry I changed my mind!!!" I hope we kick the sh#t out of you at hOmo U!!!

This sux......IMO, the three guys that we couldn't afford to lose the most are:

Ross

Lewis

Catille

in that order......

if Ross would happen to "defect" as many think could be a possibility, this class would slip to be what I would consider a "good" class, but nothing special.....

You CAN still win Championships with "nothing special"......

:wtf Hopefully he can be swayed back. This would be a huge hit to the class this late. Maybe we will get a last minute surprise in our favor tomorrow.

Lets not kid outselves and just let it go...if he was coming to nebraska he wouldn't pull a last minute decommit and still come here...he's gone.

Yeah, Washusker, I'm hoping for some "Love" as well...

:wtf Hopefully he can be swayed back. This would be a huge hit to the class this late. Maybe we will get a last minute surprise in our favor tomorrow.

Yeah, Washusker, I'm hoping for some "Love" as well...

Well, that makes 3 of us, but not sure if that will go down. **crosses fingers and hopes for more Houston Nutt bad pub**

Comment from: Steve Sipple, Lincoln Journal Star

Just talked to Lewis' high school coach, Jimmy Ramos. Here's what he had to say about the player's decommitment:

"It's nothing Nebraska didn't do. It's a matter of getting close to the altar and being unsure of what you want to do.

"The Nebraska coaches were nothing but hospitable to my coaches here and to Travis' family."

However, "I'm not sure Travis thinks living that far from home was in his best interests."

Tom Lemming said on 1620 this afternoon that Lewis is going to OU and the "only" reason that he was going to oU was because he wants to play RB and not defense....with AP leaving, OU has given him their word that he will get an opportunity on offense and has a great chance to see some time...

Lemming said that at the Army All-Star game, that Lewis DID NOT IMPRESS MANY PEOPLE.... Lemming didn't feel as if it was a MAJOR loss for NU.... Lemming said that Lewis was not happy that he had to play defense in the all-star game, and insisted that he should be a RB and not a LB..... at the last minute, another player (RB) got hurt, and this allowed Lewis to play a little RB in that game...

Lewis told Lemming that his dream was to play RB..... and that was not going to happen at NU.... Lemming insisted that NU has better RB recruits than Lewis anyway .....

If he wasn't going to be happy, I would rather have him leave now instead of after 1 year......because if that would have happened, everyone would once again be questioning BC and all of that garbage...

We will survive this one fellas.....

No matter how much this decommitment angers me we can't deny the hit that this causes the class. We are in dire need of linebackers, and unfortunately we have been turning away some very good ones. I remember us being in on some very good linebacker prospects that for many different reasons seemed to fade away. I am speaking of herron, hicks, love, patin...and now we are left with Blake Lawrence (who is a very good prospect that Tim Grunhardt, former chiefs lineman and coach of Bishop Miege in Kansas City, said on his radio show today eerily reminds him of Brian Urlacher) and Stafford, who I personally think is underrated. I know there is a possibilty of Helu playing LB and Washington as well, but if we fail to sign another linebacker in this class, this will hurt us badly. After our current big guns leae, we are left with basically nothing other than Dillard and Covey...so the importance of signing another LB in this class is obvious.