S/OLB/RB Travis Lewis

Player: Travis Lewis

Hometown: San Antonio, TX

Position: SS/OLB/RB

Height: 6’1”

Weight:215

40 time: 4.34

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ok. State, Rice, UTEP

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: :star :star :star:star

Bid Red Report:#6/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: 2005: Well, the measurables are there, aren't they? This guy could be an incredible Will linebacker or the SS that gives Big 12 WRs nightmares. Is also an RB, but was injured for more than half of his junior year. Ran for more than 600 yards in four games.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 85% Supposedly, he was close to committing to OU, but Stoops gave him an ultimatim, which caused him to back off. It looks to be down to us and OU, and I'll always give OU the edge until we start winning more recruiting battles. Elmassian is recruiting the kid. Helps that he's from San Antonio, no?

• 2 weeks later...

Player: Travis Lewis

Hometown: San Antonio, TX

Position: SS/OLB/RB

Height: 6’1”

Weight:215

40 time: 4.34

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ok. State, Rice, UTEP

Favorites: Nebraska, Oklahoma

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/

Bid Red Report:NR/

Assessing the talent: 2005: Well, the measurables are there, aren't they? This guy could be an incredible Will linebacker or the SS that gives Big 12 WRs nightmares. Is also an RB, but was injured for more than half of his junior year. Ran for more than 600 yards in four games.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 35% Supposedly, he was close to committing to OU, but Stoops gave him an ultimatim, which caused him to back off. It looks to be down to us and OU, and I'll always give OU the edge until we start winning more recruiting battles. Elmassian is recruiting the kid. Helps that he's from San Antonio, no?

i really wonder about Stoops and his tactics sometimes......works for some, for others it probably doesn't......seems like kind of an arrogant jerk to me....

hunter

• 3 weeks later...

Like Herron, he has us in the lead, and he's THIS close to being a :star:star:star:star .

We've got a great shot at this kid. He could be a stud.

I wish he would just go ahead and pull the trigger. He eventually will, but now would be better! With his size/speed numbers he could be amazing for us.

Like Herron, he has us in the lead, and he's THIS close to being a :star:star:star:star .

According to the ratings so far, 2 or 3 commits that are 3 :star are close to being bumped up. I think this kid will commit soon. It helps that his buddy has already committed and is working on him now. Just a matter of time. This recruiting class is going to end up being really strong if it continues to progress this way.