S/OLB/RB Travis Lewis

I'm confused now. Foxsports says that Lewis signed his LOI with us and that the only "bigfish" that got away from us is Cornell

Lewis as officially signed according to Rivals. I do know for a fact that our coaching staff was talking to his family today though!

scout has him signed as well..... :angry:

With OU or NU?

Rivals has him listed as signed with OU.

:madash:madash:angry:

From CNN:

"It was a wild Signing Day for San Antonio, Texas four star linebacker Travis Lewis. Lewis had originally committed to Nebraska, but recently switched to Oklahoma. The 6-foot-1, 213-pounder is ranked the No. 37 player in Texas and is ranked No. 20 among outside linebackers."

With OU already having 2 of the top LB prospects (the Rivals No. 3 High School OLB and a five star JUCO) signed and no RBs perhaps that rumor about him playing RB makes sense. Perhaps he figures he's only a couple of injuries away from being the starting running back at OU whereas at Nebraska, maybe 6 guys would be in front of him on the depth chart at RB.

• 7 months later...

From CNN:

"It was a wild Signing Day for San Antonio, Texas four star linebacker Travis Lewis. Lewis had originally committed to Nebraska, but recently switched to Oklahoma. The 6-foot-1, 213-pounder is ranked the No. 37 player in Texas and is ranked No. 20 among outside linebackers."

With OU already having 2 of the top LB prospects (the Rivals No. 3 High School OLB and a five star JUCO) signed and no RBs perhaps that rumor about him playing RB makes sense. Perhaps he figures he's only a couple of injuries away from being the starting running back at OU whereas at Nebraska, maybe 6 guys would be in front of him on the depth chart at RB.

I wonder if this kid is seeing the field at all. wasnt he going to play RB for them? I wonder how he feels about the 2 big time RB they have commited for this years class. we could sure use him at LB. he would probably be starting next year for us

From CNN:

I wonder if this kid is seeing the field at all. wasnt he going to play RB for them? I wonder how he feels about the 2 big time RB they have commited for this years class. we could sure use him at LB. he would probably be starting next year for us

Good observation....he'd definitely be in the mix for LB next year had he signed with us. I don't know if he will ever see the light of day as a RB for OU and I suspect he won't. Will be interesting to see what happens.