I HATE airlines, all of them.  I got screwed out of about $5,000 in August of 2017 because of United Airlines our our trip to Europe. (LONG story that I'm not typing now, or probably ever again).  Now, another unnamed carrier is going to screw us again.  We have purchased tickets to fly from Omaha to Phoenix for the end of February.  Now our plans have changed, and we'd like to change the dates we fly to March.  We were told that will be $300 per ticket.  The original FREAKING tickets didn't cost that much!!  WTF???   How do you justify a couple of freaking keystrokes to change the date we fly, and charging me $600?  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, CornHunka said:

I HATE airlines, all of them.  I got screwed out of about $5,000 in August of 2017 because of United Airlines our our trip to Europe. (LONG story that I'm not typing now, or probably ever again).  Now, another unnamed carrier is going to screw us again.  We have purchased tickets to fly from Omaha to Phoenix for the end of February.  Now our plans have changed, and we'd like to change the dates we fly to March.  We were told that will be $300 per ticket.  The original FREAKING tickets didn't cost that much!!  WTF???   How do you justify a couple of freaking keystrokes to change the date we fly, and charging me $600?  

I've changed my tickets a bunch of times on Southwest, they only charge you the price difference in the tickets.

4 hours ago, CornHunka said:

The change fee is $300 now? Jeez

On 2/17/2018 at 5:33 AM, CornHunka said:

United has the worst costumer service of any airlines I have dealt with.   If you have non refundable tickets there is not much you can do.  

In the last five years, I have never made it to my destination on the same the day flying American. The latest episode was last summer flying home from hype CWS.  I missed my daughters college graduation a few years back and I had plenty of time(2 days)  to spare. 15 years ago, I flew weekly for work and seldom (not even yearly) had a canceled flight or really any problem. How do people  and business work anymore?