Russia

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Remember when Republicans were outraged when Obama went on his "apology tour"?

So true,  I was one of them back then.  Trump has proven he is on putin's string - He can be 'tough' on illegals, Muslims, etc but he is a girly man in Putin's presence.   The guy melted like a grilled cheese sandwich.   When one looks at his comments today, his harsh talk about NATO, the UK, and EU one can't help but wonder -- who's team is he on.  The all Trump team which he wants to preserve by giving into Putin's apparent blackmail of him.   He's got to be compromised and I suspect it is in all of those 'loans' and building purchases by Russians and hidden in those tax returns he'll never release. 

Who's body language is more firm - Obama's with this stare down. 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2F02%2Ffa%2F298d97e641b3b13750c49c872e12%2F160906-obamaputin-editorial.jpg

Obama and Putin give each other the evil eye at the G-20 summit in Hangzhou, China, on Monday

Or Trump's wink at Putin today:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6791406/bizarre-moment-donald-trump-winks-at-putin-during-high-stakes-summit/

US President Donald Trump appeared to wink at Vladimir Putin as the world leaders met face-to-face in Finland today.

Flanked by Russian and US flags, they sat awkwardly just feet apart at the start of their long-awaited summit in Helsinki.

Trump didn't "miss an opportunity." He did what he was always going to do - defer to Putin, cast doubt on election interference, minimize the situation and allow Putin to control the stage.

That was the point of this meeting from the day it was set up. The agenda was followed the way it was supposed to be followed.

Pretending otherwise is ignorance or collaboration.

• Plus1 1

So Sarah Sanders - how do you spin Trump's performance today.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/03/baghdad-bob-and-his-ridiculous-true-predictions/274241/

Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf speaks during news conference in Baghdad on March 24, 2003. (Reuters)

In March of 2003, Saddam's Minister of Information was everybody's favorite inadvertent comedian. Sporting a kicky black beret and delightfully bombastic lexicon, Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf appeared on TV daily to predict American failure and deny the Baghdad invasion--sometimes even as U.S. tanks appeared behind him. "He's great," President George W. Bush said of Sahaf, admitting that he occasionally interrupted meetings to watch Sahaf's briefings. "Someone accused us of hiring him and putting him there. He was a classic."

(can't post pictures- I get an error message - not sure why)

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This needs a name behind it, otherwise it's cowardice to standby anonymously. I refuse to believe anyone in his cabinet intelligent enough to says this, will just standby as the US is disemboweleed.

The Trumpsters at work are loving this... "It's amazing what he's done really!" "We have too many wars." "Look how he handled North Korea, he's amazing." They're so blind...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So...let me get this straight.  Trump wants Putin's own people to be inside the Mueller investigation.  Wow....just....wow.....

More on this from Vox.  It is just inconceivable that Trump isn't a Putin Puppet with the threat of  blackmail hanging over his head based on this one "INCREDIBLE' statement alone. The great negotiator has outdone himself - he's gotten Putin to investigate his own govt.  What a wheeler dealer, art of the deal guy he is. :sarcasm

From Vox:

Regarding what I highlighted in bold - I hope Mueller's comment comes in the form of a legal document with recommendation for impeachment based on collusion and coverup charges against Trump.  I wonder how Rush, Hannity etc are spinning this today?   So much for patriotism.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/16/17576788/putin-trump-meeting-election-idea-hacking

In other words, this is Putin’s “interesting idea” to address exhaustively documented allegations that employees of the Russian government tried to interfere in the 2016 presidential campaign by hacking into, and publishing, private emails from one major party in the campaign:

1. Have Russian government officials ask other Russian government officials if the Russian government told them to commit a crime.
  2. Let US officials watch Russian officials ask other Russian officials if the Russian government told them to commit a crime.
  3. Send Russian officials into the US to investigate allegations against domestic critics of Vladimir Putin.

But if Putin offered a quid pro quo, Trump appears to have heard only a favor. He later praised Putin for his willingness in cooperating in the investigation into his own government:

What he did is an incredible offer. He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer.

It is “incredible” — in that it is extremely hard to believe that a government whose employees are being investigated by a foreign country is going to participate, in good faith, in that investigation while denying out of hand that any wrongdoing took place. But Trump appears to believe just that.

Mueller’s office has declined to comment.

I was always very concerned about Trump becoming President.

But I never thought he'd be this bad. 

I saw him bringing in legitimate experts, using their expertise, then taking credit for it.

I could have lived with that. It would have tilted right, but it might also have taken on some bloated GOP excess. He had adversaries on both sides. 

But Donald Trump appears to have sunk further into a private agenda that is petty at best, calculated treason at worst, and extremely dangerous either way.

He is not the strongman voters thought they were electing. America's enemies don't fear Trump: they see a U.S. leader who can be manipulated like a child. 

At this point we need to ignore Trump. He's shown us who he is.

All the pressure should be on the GOP (when will they take action against their President rather than get burned by history) and on Fox News (when will they stop playing the role of Pravda and admit something is terribly wrong with their President) 

• Plus1 3