Russia

2 hours ago, commando said:

russia making some serious moves on ukraine.   blockaded many ukrainian ports this morning and now they have had some sort of dust up in the sea.   

unconfirmed reports of naval fire...and a definite case of a russian ship ramming a ukranian ship.    

Read on bbc the russians fired on and captured 3 ships and have parked a giant tanker ship to block any Ukrainian ship access to the black sea.

37 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve felt it was only a matter of time since Trump was elected that Russia just full on invades a former Soviet state. I hope they don’t. We have to do something to show we won’t allow it and Trump will do whatever the dumbest thing is.

and trumpies ask why would russia help trump.   trump is scared of the saudis...how afraid of putin is he?

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve felt it was only a matter of time since Trump was elected that Russia just full on invades a former Soviet state. I hope they don’t. We have to do something to show we won’t allow it and Trump will do whatever the dumbest thing is.

So....trump has proclaimed that if he were president, Russia never would have invaded the Ukraine......they do this and he tweets......  hey Europe, you’re on your own. 

• Plus1 1

It's pretty bad that we've gotten to the point where I personally trust every single link in the chain designed to combat this exact situation besides POTUS. NATO will be there and hopefully have long realized this would happen. Our national security personnel our professional and competent, outside of Bolton. 

The president, unfortunately, is a liability. How is he going to react when Russia is involved when we just saw him look the other way so obviously with the Saudis? 

I"m sure some would just as soon have a president who just shut up and took the recommendations of their advisors. But at best, Trump is probably incapable of forming an educated opinion about the matter given all the moving pieces. At worst, he's compromised and actually acting in Russia's favor to gum up the works for our allies.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, commando said:

maybe a big beautiful wall won't be enough.  

If Putin wants to reunite with the former Soviet states, this is the best time to do it. I happen to know people there, in the eastern part of the country, so this makes me feel sick and even sicker that Trump is the president right now. I'm about 80% convinced if Russia invaded Ukraine, Trump would condone it by saying there was evidence of future chemical attacks by Ukraine and that many Ukrainians speak Russian.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Kinda. Except Iraq actually had a history of chemical weapons use and the U.S.  I guess our version was just more believable. 

Comrade, you're looking to deep! They only need the outward appearance that we've done something similar so they can use the whataboutisms.

• Plus1 2
41 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

I might be wrong but i couldn't care less if russia is flexing its muscles in a region that has always been in its sphere of influence. It sucks for the people of Ukraine and a lot countries that used to be part of the ussr but it shouldn't be the US's problem.

It's a NATO problem.  Which means it's a U.S. problem

24 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's a NATO problem.  Which means it's a U.S. problem

Its really only a nato problem because nato has been creeping closer and closer to russia since the end on the cold war. Adding the baltic countries and the old Warsaw pact members has put nato on Russia's door step.

Im not defending the way Russia behaves but it's not hard for putin to sell to his people that his actions are in defense of russia.