Russia

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Eh... Russia does something like this to the US and other NATO countries almost every month. It's nothing new, it's been happening since the Cold War I would think.

If that were the case, I would think the "Navy Times" would think it's really no big deal.  But, their article made it sound like it has picked up in the last couple of years.

I mean this is from 2014 and there are 39 incidents between Russian and NATO countries...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/full-list-of-incidents-involving-russian-military-and-nato-since-march-2014-9851309.html%3famp

It's probably a combination of; old habits (the US and Soviet Union routinely "violated" each other's airspace and waters during the cold war, to deadly ends), Putin flexing his muscles because that's what he thinks he has to do, and Putin flexing his muscles due to NATO's encroachment on his front door step. The latter is something we tend to gloss over in the west, but when we pressure a country with sanction, military posturing, and other political threats they're going to push back... Be it Iran, Russia, China, or NK.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

59 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Welp, the Ukrainians are doing an investigation, just like Trump wanted.

Just... not the investigation Trump wanted.

Ope I put this over in the impeachment thread. But that was the one part of the Parnas interview that was a bit fishy. He wasn't willing to go that far on television methinks