Russia

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Here is the most-watched cable news personality openly shilling for Putin. 

Why do you think he's doing this, conservative HuskerBoard members?   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's beyond caricature at this point. 

It's funny. Sad in the sense that Republicans hold such massive systemic advantages in our electoral system that they will dominate the Senate for the foreseeable future.

But let's be honest, nobody is surprised that the party that hates American values is openly shilling for Putin. I'm certainly not. 

• Plus1 2

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Inserts Hitler for Putin. I guess we shouldn't hate Hitler guys! We are only allowed to hate people that personally call us a racist and eat dogs. That list is very long. 

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, knapplc said:

I am not sure. I haven’t watched a Tucker show in a long time.  I grew up liking the Gipper and he said Russia was evil. Honestly I think everything including the media is so partisan that they actively pursue anything that makes the other side of the aisle look bad even if it harms the country. That is what we have become. They will say anything to make Biden continue to look bad, until their side is back power….then they will cheer and cover up for their guy. Both right and left media do it.

Not sure how I feel about Ukraine. They are corrupt, but Russia is worse and shouldn’t have been allowed the foothold they got in Ukraine years ago. Not sure I am willing to send our boys over to stop it, but we should take note of the lessons of the past. It likely won’t stop with Ukraine. China will test us next.

• Plus1 1

Don't click this thread if you're squeamish.  

But I agree with the prediction that this is coming to your favorite conservative outlets in the near future to justify Putin's invasion. Soon to be shared here unironically by people who only want to discuss things from both sides. 

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Or, if you're a conservative GOP voter, go ahead and explain to us what America means to you, and the values you think we should uphold.

I guess I'm no longer a conservative voter if conservative means being a trump cult member and an apologist for Putin.  Of course, I'm neither of those and I am center right but not far right as I was years ago.    I think there are many like me on this board and even in the GOP (hiding perhaps).  Most of us would love to see a new party emerge  for those of us more center right to center left - I guess moderates would be the term. The Dem party has mostly gone to far left for many of us but it still beats voting for the current GOP group of cult members.  I've held my nose and voted before for someone based on what is the best for the country long term and I'll do it again. 

• Plus1 4
5 hours ago, knapplc said:

The guy who gives his political opponents polonium tea and personally responsible for any number of war crimes?

We hate him because he's a murderous d!(k.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1