Russia

God help Ukraine. 

The terrible thing is even if we bring the most stringent sanctions possible against Russia (which seems like the only direct intervention we're going to take, we're not sending forces over there and it's pretty clear others won't, either), Putin and the oligarchs won't be the ones who really feel them. It will crush Russian citizens, many of whom probably despise Putin more than we do.

That's the problem with an incredibly corrupt government like them. They sacrifice their citizens to save themselves.

I still can't believe the party of Reagan has largely bent to kiss this guy's butt. How pathetic.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

God help Ukraine. 

The terrible thing is even if we bring the most stringent sanctions possible against Russia (which seems like the only direct intervention we're going to take, we're not sending forces over there and it's pretty clear others won't, either), Putin and the oligarchs won't be the ones who really feel them. It will crush Russian citizens, many of whom probably despise Putin more than we do.

That's the problem with an incredibly corrupt government like them. They sacrifice their citizens to save themselves.

I still can't believe the party of Reagan has largely bent to kiss this guy's butt. How pathetic.

You can dislike Trump. You can dislike Biden. But if you’re a red blooded American, you should sure as s#!t hate Putin. May this be the end of him. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

You can dislike Trump. You can dislike Biden. But if you’re a red blooded American, you should sure as s#!t hate Putin. May this be the end of him. 

Those of us that wish to see him deposed had better hope the sanctions find a way to hurt the elites who keep him in power. 

Until their bank accounts start to feel the heat, the lot of them couldn't care less how much the Russian commoner suffers.

• Plus1 1

China will support Russia by Buying coal and supplying whatever they need . I doubt sanctions are going to do much. Ukraine will be overwhelmed before sanctions do anything. Putin knew he needed to do this before Ukraine became part of NATO. I wonder if Putin held off doing this during the last administration because Trump was unstable. I am not sure how this plays out, or how the US and NATO react. I am afraid it will be nothing, and Russia won’t stop here.

36 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yes!

29 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Those of us that wish to see him deposed had better hope the sanctions find a way to hurt the elites who keep him in power. 

Until their bank accounts start to feel the heat, the lot of them couldn't care less how much the Russian commoner suffers.

Yes!

22 minutes ago, admo said:

If you wake Joe Biden up, the world will tell him this..

k5h196e3ra765pg74qb31xowbjzz24bn.jpg

Just got off the phone with Ukraine's president within the last hour and spearheading the Western world to swing the biggest economic hammer they can at Vlad for this crap.

Personally I'm of the mind if we're not sending in troops it doesn't matter whether the sanctions are announced. The Russian markets are closed because they're in freefall right now and the Ruble is going to be worthless soon.

• Haha 1

Using Naziism as an invasion excuse pisses me off so much. Ukraine lost the 2nd most soldiers of any Republic in the Soviet Union fighting Nazis, and that's using Russia's post-Soviet Union number. Ukrainian estimates are higher. Ukraine estimates they lost 10 million (25%). Russia claims Ukraine lost a mere 6.9 million.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1