Russia

48 minutes ago, Redux said:

Great example of deplatforming and censorship rules only applying to certain narratives.  Trash tweet that should be grounds for account suspension.

Just remember, George knew he had an alleged pedo help running his LP group and did nothing about it.  His moral authority sucks. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

was watching some videos from ukraine.   many bodies and burned armor being shown and destroyed building with many dead civilians.    a lot of the burning armor in the videos had the russian "z" mark on the armor....but a lot i couldn't tell whose armor it was.   most of the airports have been bombed and many buildings there burning.  1 video showed a real freedom convoy.  it was truckers driving past burning russian armor and talking about it.   they were keeping goods flowing during an invasion.   the video is out there if anyone wants to see it....but it is very graphic.   

Gary Kasparov with some level-headed steps we can take immediately.

Ok, after years of warnings were ignored and hearing "Garry, you were right!" all damn day today, I'll repeat what I said in 2014: Stop telling me I was right and listen to what I'm saying now. My recommendations follow: 1/5 

-Support Ukraine militarily, immediately, everything but boots on the ground. All weapons, intel, cyber.
-Bankrupt Putin's war machine. Freeze & seize Russia's finances & those of him and his gang.
-Kick Russia out of every intl & financial institution. PACE, Interpol, etc 2/5 

-Recall all ambassadors from Russia. There is no point in talking. The new unified message is "stop or be isolated completely".
-Ban all elements of Putin's global propaganda machine. Turn them off, shut them down, send them home. Stop helping the dictator spread lies & hate.
3/5 

-Expose and act against Putin's lackeys in the free world. If Schröder and his ilk continue to work for Putin, bring charges. Ask the owners & advertisers of networks platforming Putin propagandists like Carlson why they allow it. 4/5 

-Replace Russian oil & gas. Pressure OPEC, increase production, reopen Keystone. You can't save the planet if you don't save the people on it.
-Acknowledge there will be costs, sacrifices. We waited to long, the price is high, but it will only get higher. It's time to fight. 5/5 

Cannot ignore the political 5th column of Putinists, from the far right & left in EU to the tankies & Trump & his GOP followers in the US. They may have the right to support a brutal dictator's war in order to criticize Biden, but it's disgusting and anti-American. Do not forget. 
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Cannot ignore the political 5th column of Putinists, from the far right & left in EU to the tankies & Trump & his GOP followers in the US. They may have the right to support a brutal dictator's war in order to criticize Biden, but it's disgusting and anti-American. Do not forget. 

been a long time since i heard the term tankies....but it does fit.  

1 hour ago, Redux said:

He moved troops theough Syria against their wishes, this was verified.

He is a warhwak and in one year has found himself smack dab in the middle of a WW3 level conflict.  But yes, it's probably Trump's fault or Trump would've done worse or insert premade excuse.  Keep defending this, it's pathetic.  Anyone defending Russia, or defending Biden right now is out of their mind.  Clout chasing on social media will definitely help stop rising inflation, civil unrest and global conflict though so keep at it.

Hey Redux, at least half of the American narrative on Russia is based on undermining Joe Biden's leadership, a typically fact-free exercise by a country with very little geopolitical knowledge or context. 

It's pretty clear that Vladimir Putin has been playing a long game to destabilize the United States and NATO, and it's worked remarkably well. I dare say even brilliantly. You can insert Trump in that equation however you want. 

I'm not defending Biden here, just re-asking the honest question posed by others: what exactly has Joe done that is either wrong or weak?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Redux said:

He moved troops theough Syria against their wishes, this was verified.

He is a warhwak and in one year has found himself smack dab in the middle of a WW3 level conflict.  But yes, it's probably Trump's fault or Trump would've done worse or insert premade excuse.  Keep defending this, it's pathetic.  Anyone defending Russia, or defending Biden right now is out of their mind.  Clout chasing on social media will definitely help stop rising inflation, civil unrest and global conflict though so keep at it.

I'm not saying Trump would have done worse or better.  But, some people seem to think Biden has totally fumbled this situation.

So, I ask, what should have Biden done differently and what should be doing differently now?

• Plus1 3

Love to see this. Putin was welcomed as a rebuilder when he first came to power 20 years ago. That has led to some economic recovery for everyday Russians, but they know this invasion is putting Russia in a corner, and likely means a return to the privation they experienced immediately after the fall of the Soviet Union. 

Putin's popularity at home isn't universal, and he's going to have to deal with more protests like this. A war on two fronts is tough. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1