Russia

26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Hey Redux, at least half of the American narrative on Russia is based on undermining Joe Biden's leadership, a typically fact-free exercise by a country with very little geopolitical knowledge or context. 

It's pretty clear that Vladimir Putin has been playing a long game to destabilize the United States and NATO, and it's worked remarkably well. I dare say even brilliantly. You can insert Trump in that equation however you want. 

I'm not defending Biden here, just re-asking the honest question posed by others: what exactly has Joe done that is either wrong or weak?

Only half and you're complaining? Where was this b!^@hing when 100% of the American Media narrative was undermining the Trump leadership? Get off your soap box and open your eyes... Every president is undermined as 50% of the voting population is always against the sitting leader!!

Sadly, like in the Trump years when the Rhino's were stabbing him in the back, so too now are the Dino's doing the same to Biden.. Congress needs to work with the sitting President and stop this party line BS... We need leadership working together instead of standing off at every corner. We the people need to ensure that with our right to choose our representatives in DC.. if they are at the table to divide and never work together, vote their arses out!!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not defending Biden here, just re-asking the honest question posed by others: what exactly has Joe done that is either wrong or weak?

It’s a good valid question and probably tough to answer because of all the nuance involved, as it usually is with foreign policy.  

1) No sanctions on Nord Stream, and trying harder to convince Germany it’s not in their best interest could be one. 

2) Maybe Putin doesn’t believe Biden represents a position of strength based on Biden’s constant pandering? 

3) waiting too long to address the issue is a possibility.  

Other than that, Foreign Policy is obviously something people don’t look to me for advice on and for good reason.   I try and leave that to experts outside of a few opinions I have from time to time.  

That said, Putin really seems to want the entire country of Ukraine back eventually, other Eastern Blocs probably next.   I asked before, so why now?  He did this in 2014 and now 2022, but not in between.  What’s different for him? 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s a good valid question and probably tough to answer because of all the nuance involved, as it usually is with foreign policy.  

1) No sanctions on Nord Stream, and trying harder to convince Germany it’s not in their best interest could be one. 

2) Maybe Putin doesn’t believe Biden represents a position of strength based on Biden’s constant pandering? 

3) waiting too long to address the issue is a possibility.  

Other than that, Foreign Policy is obviously something people don’t look to me for advice on and for good reason.   I try and leave that to experts outside of a few opinions I have from time to time.  

That said, Putin really seems to want the entire country of Ukraine back eventually, other Eastern Blocs probably next.   I asked before, so why now?  He did this in 2014 and now 2022, but not in between.  What’s different for him? 

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/putin-didnt-invade-ukraine-last-us-administration-rcna17147

I typically don't like MSNBC and any of their opinion people.  But, this does speak to the question.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/putin-didnt-invade-ukraine-last-us-administration-rcna17147

I typically don't like MSNBC and any of their opinion people.  But, this does speak to the question.

How does that speak to the question? 

Ukraine got every weapon they wanted including Javelins that were previously NOT provided.  Z even said so.

Trump wanted EU and other nations to pay more for NATO.  OK, so does much of the US citizenry.  

Other than those two concrete examples, which ended up not being examples, the author just kinda blusters opinion that’s no better than than some opinion without facts from a Trump kept things in check type person.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

This is what dictators do. This is the inevitable next step from the "lock her up" thought. 

Putin already arrested or murdered his major political rivals. He tried to kill Navalny, and when that didn't work he threw him in jail. 

Now these folks are going to join Navalny - just for leaving their home. 

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Only half and you're complaining? Where was this b!^@hing when 100% of the American Media narrative was undermining the Trump leadership? Get off your soap box and open your eyes... Every president is undermined as 50% of the voting population is always against the sitting leader!!

Sadly, like in the Trump years when the Rhino's were stabbing him in the back, so too now are the Dino's doing the same to Biden.. Congress needs to work with the sitting President and stop this party line BS... We need leadership working together instead of standing off at every corner. We the people need to ensure that with our right to choose our representatives in DC.. if they are at the table to divide and never work together, vote their arses out!!

Gotta question your numbers, barth.  That 100% figure you're tossing out makes a handy soapbox itself.

I also don't think anyone would characterize the Trump years by Rinos stabbing him in the back. It was pretty much the opposite. That's how we got to this point. 

One of the reasons the American media grilled Trump was his willingness to believe and defend Vladimir Putin, undermine NATO and other things Putin didn't like, and Trump's general fondness for global strongmen and autocrats who didn't have to worry about Democratic processes. Take anything wrong or stupid a President ever said, multiply it by10 and repeat it daily -- or hourly -- and that was life under Donald Trump.  We never had a President like Trump before. It became something very different than the previous D vs. R wrangling.

And with all due respect to your 100% of the American Media claim, the #1 television news network and a robust body of internet "journalists" and influencers are fashioning and driving a Ukraine narrative that appeases Donald Trump, a man who envies Putin's pure dictatorial powers and could regain his office with the help of a GOP and propaganda machine that now shares his anti-Democracy activism. Again, that's not your traditional 50/50 American split. It's f#&%ing insane. 

The old rule was that partisan bickering got put on hold when American boots hit the ground. George W. Bush got the benefit of the doubt (and turned out to be horribly wrong). Joe Biden will not. It's a very different world right  now.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:
Stefanie is complete trash.  People who identify with her take are as well.  Scoring political points while giving aid and comfort to Putin.  :facepalm:

I think a deep, deep dive into campaign financing for these Republicans who endorse Putin - either explicitly or tacitly - is in order. 

• Plus1 3