Russia

This situation is messed up.  I would not want to be the sitting president right now.  The office (most likely) has intelligence providing different plans or ideas of what to do, what not to do, and what other countries want us to do, etc,. etc.  You are in a no-win situation (we, as a country).  I agree with whoever said "no boots on the ground" because I don't want it to come to that.  I don't think it will.  I hope not, but again I don't know what's best.  I'll stay tuned into what's happening with Ukraine and hope for the best for them.

All I can do is pray.  Because I don't want to see a WW3 break out or a cyberworld attack or whatever.  I mean, why is this happening now?  I just got used to not wearing a covid mask a few months ago, and I upgraded my internet speed.  It's alarming and awful.  I just hope and pray for a peaceful resolution soon.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

How should he adjust his policies?

Drill baby drill...just kidding. The pipeline, restrictions on land leases and exploration he has put in place... instead of making it more difficult to explore for and produce energy in the US, make it easier. Build Back Better has restrictions on access to energy and while it hasn't passed yet it will create more barriers. I believe the infrastructure bill added more regulations. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see solar panels on the roof of every home where it makes sense, but instead of giving rebates just pay for the solar panels and installation. Have each home owner kick in 5 to 10K. I bet you see them pop up everywhere and I am sure the feds can divert $$ from some other useless expenditure. I would love for the US to not rely on anyone for energy. keeps us out of conflicts.  If we can export, we can jack with countries like Russia when they act up. 

3 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Will you also agree that a deep deep dive into Hunter Biden's and Papa (aka: the big guy) Ukrainian payouts should also be investigated? Just asking?

If there is solid evidence - no one should be above the law.  I'm sure Rudy and the My Pillow guy will provided documented proof of wrong doing soon.  :sarcasm

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
37 minutes ago, nic said:

Drill baby drill...just kidding. The pipeline, restrictions on land leases and exploration he has put in place... instead of making it more difficult to explore for and produce energy in the US, make it easier. Build Back Better has restrictions on access to energy and while it hasn't passed yet it will create more barriers. I believe the infrastructure bill added more regulations. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see solar panels on the roof of every home where it makes sense, but instead of giving rebates just pay for the solar panels and installation. Have each home owner kick in 5 to 10K. I bet you see them pop up everywhere and I am sure the feds can divert $$ from some other useless expenditure. I would love for the US to not rely on anyone for energy. keeps us out of conflicts.  If we can export, we can jack with countries like Russia when they act up. 

You realize that in 2020 they issued more leases than in previous years?

Would it be easier to be energy independent if we used more or less petroleum products?

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/us-energy-facts/imports-and-exports.php

It's really a sad that something as objectively awful and serious like this just devolves into the same old partisan points-scoring exercise all of our politics somehow turn into. It'd be nice if something with such drastic effects on the entire developed world and with such easily diagnosed good guys and bad guys could just unite Team Blue and Team Red in unanimously saying "This is bad" together and working together to fight it.

And yet, here we are.

• Plus1 2