Russia

25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Moderates don't sit around worrying about Kamala Harris.

Moderates don't sit around worrying about "far left policies."

I would suggest the people you think are "moderates" are, in fact, conservatives.

Eh, I can guarantee you that the Democratic National Committee itself is worrying about Kamala Harris and far left policies, for slightly different reasons. 

30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Moderates don't sit around worrying about Kamala Harris.

Moderates don't sit around worrying about "far left policies."

I would suggest the people you think are "moderates" are, in fact, conservatives.

You may be right.  I guess I know moderate republicans that don't want Trump around.  I will vote third party again.

9 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

You may be right.  I guess I know moderate republicans that don't want Trump around.  I will vote third party again.

There are a lot of Republican candidates I can get behind. The party just needs to move away from the white nationalist movement and back into the mainstream. Become the party of Romney or Kasich. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There are a lot of Republican candidates I can get behind. The party just needs to move away from the white nationalist movement and back into the mainstream. Become the party of Romney or Kasich. 

I won't pretend to say I would vote for these two over a candidate like Obama or someone similar.  I am definitely left of center.  But I would guess I'm closer to these two considering a wide variety of issues than I am to people on the far left.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is exactly where I'm at. Although, I'm not 'afraid' :ohnoes anymore to vote for a center left candidate anymore if that is the best option available.  I'll go the independent  route if it is a Trump want-to-be vs a far left candidate on the Dem side. 

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The Democratic National Committee are 1) not the people @Crusader Husker and @nic are talking to, and 2) not moderate.

Yeah. They're pretty moderate. If the criteria is worrying about the Far Left and Kamala Harris, it fits the DNC, too. And that's pretty relevant to the conversation. 

Joe BIden's sole job was to be the familiar centrist who didn't frighten the moderate Republicans away.

Funny how that's working out, although 100% predictable. 

2 hours ago, nic said:

Now you are depressing me. :) I am typically a pessimist, and I felt like Trump was done, until I saw the CPAC vote. I think Trump running again will actually help the Democrats. I do not see him winning, unless he is head to head with Biden and Biden cannot turn things around or he runs against someone who is far left. I base this opinion off the moderate voters I have contact with. They are done with Trump, but disappointed in Biden and Harris and are afraid of some of the far left social policies. At this point, I think the Dems would benefit from a new ticket that is not from the far left of their base. I would like to believe the Republicans would as well. Maybe I am in denial. Can either party nominate a moderate? Clear thinking conservatives have seen what Trump says and should realize that Trump puts himself above country.  That SHOULD turn them off. I think you all can take solace in the fact that Trumps base is not 74  million voters.  To bring this back to Russia/Ukraine, I really think this is an opportunity to unite. Biden should pay attention. He has a golden opportunity here to get back on track. 

So when I read this ... do you think Biden and Harris are from the far left of the party?

As a center left Dem he's a moderate as any candidate in the last 10 years - I'd say McCain was maybe similar. 

I have concerns that folks think that if you are a Dem then you're Far Left.  Joe believes in choice and gun control measures - does that make him a radical lefty?

• Plus1 1

Read this on the news wire. Country number 3 potentially entering troops.

"Belarus may join the Russian invasion of Ukraine, which entered its fifth day on Monday. Fighting in the streets has engulfed Ukraine's second-largest city, Kharkiv, and Russian troops are encircling Ukraine's capital city, Kyiv."

16 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

So when I read this ... do you think Biden and Harris are from the far left of the party?

As a center left Dem he's a moderate as any candidate in the last 10 years - I'd say McCain was maybe similar. 

I have concerns that folks think that if you are a Dem then you're Far Left.  Joe believes in choice and gun control measures - does that make him a radical lefty?

No I don't think of Joe as far left but the Left is louder than he is. They seem more in control. Maybe because they are in the news. I am undecided about Harris, but she hasn't come across well to me yet. If she is a serious candidate I can always check her voting record. Although when I tracked records of Colorado senators/reps many years ago I was disappointed and stressed with what i saw, so I quit trying to be more informed. :D

• Thanks 1