Russia

16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

All I know is that if you're one of those American 2nd Amendment Wannabe Badasses, and you've been watching Ukraine, it would be very difficult maintaining allegiance to Tucker Carlson. 

There's gotta be a decent-sized amount of those Americans who secretly... Hell, maybe publicly... wish we were the ones being invaded, just so they could fulfill their dreams and have a sense of justification for why they're armed better than most third world countries.

I will say this is one of those rare scenarios where our country's citizens being more heavily armed than any others' would be a good thing. Of course, in the list of reasons that the U.S. is difficult to invade, there's quite a few you'd go through before you got to that fact.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Only thing I’ve figured out is these right wing Christian zealots love predicting the end of the world. Any chance they get, that’s where they try to head things. They’re f#&%ing crazy.

A little background, back in to the 1827-1830 period when a guy named John Darby developed his dispensational theology system. It include the pre-tribulation rapture theory.  Much of fundamental Christianity (far right)  in America has come to believe in that theology system.   "Bad has to happen before the good (rapture - Christians go to heaven, everyone else  can die) can occur.  Russia attacks Israel and get turned away, The anti-Christ comes along and brings hell to earth and finally Jesus returns, etc, etc.

This type of theology has created am 'escapist' mentality among too many -' Let the world rot, I'm going to heaven'.  Thankfully most Christians today don't hold to this view - even though in America  it get a lot of publicity via evangelicals & fundamentalist and other conservative media outlets and pastors/evangelists.  Historically it has not been the view of the world wide church as a whole. True faith sees Christians doing all they can to make the world a better place and not trying to escape.  

The apostle Paul expressed it best - the struggle to be with the Lord (the desire of every Christian) or to remain on earth to help others - which he concluded was the best.  

Philippians 1:23-25

I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live. 

Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.

6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

There's gotta be a decent-sized amount of those Americans who secretly... Hell, maybe publicly... wish we were the ones being invaded, just so they could fulfill their dreams and have a sense of justification for why they're armed better than most third world countries.

I will say this is one of those rare scenarios where our country's citizens being more heavily armed than any others' would be a good thing. Of course, in the list of reasons that the U.S. is difficult to invade, there's quite a few you'd go through before you got to that fact.

Dude, some posters think Red Dawn is either

1.  A documentary

2.  An instructional video

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I think if UKR could bomb they would have struck already.  The armored convoy is/was reportedly stalled due to a lack of fuel.   Ideally they could cut the supply line from behind.

Kind of sounds like one of the reason's Hitler's Battle of the Bulge ended up failing.  His supply lines could keep up and the advance stalled at critical points.  The skies eventually cleared and we started bombing those tank divisions. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Dude, some posters think Red Dawn is either

1.  A documentary

2.  An instructional video

It isn't?

Next you're going to tell me Steven Seagal isn't actually fighting with Russian special forces right now.

• Haha 2

MIG-29s would get absolutely mauled trying to lay waste to the convoy. Also the wrong plane to do it. Doesn’t carry enough firepower. Not to mention the Russians already have anti-air missiles ready to go. Do you guys really think the Ukrainians would just let the convoy encircle Kyiv if they could do something about it? The Ukrainian’s have 0 air support. Using stingers & other equipment to defend the sky. They had like 30 older & outclassed MIG-29s to start with. The only hope for them is to draw the Russians into tight space warfare and let them have it with anti-tank javs/etc. They would simply get slaughtered in open field warfare attempting to take on the convoy. 

19 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Could you imagine the confusion on their faces??? "Protect American F* Yeah!," "Trump Says Puitn is Our Friend and Let Him Do His Thing." 

I see all Trumpatriots eventually assuming this position as their brains fail to compute their conflicting loyalties. 

410e4d85-c946-4f55-a8e2-7a55dbf9e781_text_hi.gif

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I think if UKR could bomb they would have struck already.  The armored convoy is/was reportedly stalled due to a lack of fuel.   Ideally they could cut the supply line from behind.

I guess the deal on the MIGs fell through according to this article - Ukraine is on its own.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/eu-s-ukraine-fighter-jet-promise-falling-apart-as-russia-advances/ar-AAUsCTY?ocid=entnewsntp

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I guess the deal on the MIGs fell through according to this article - Ukraine is on its own.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/eu-s-ukraine-fighter-jet-promise-falling-apart-as-russia-advances/ar-AAUsCTY?ocid=entnewsntp

What I've read is that the planes are still for Ukraine, but that NATO pilots will not fly them into Ukraine and the NATO countries will not allow them to be based in their countries. 

They want plausible deniability. They gave Ukraine the planes but cannot control how they are used. 

Also In:

Mexico will not apply economic sanctions to Russia. A quick google search shows that Putin et al. have been cozying up to the new Mexican president for some time, engaged in the same election meddling tactics there, and have hosted the Mexican President in Russia (no one is the same after going to Russia- ask Lindsay Graham.)

https://mexicobusiness.news/policyandeconomy/news/how-russia-mexico-relationship-breaking-new-ground

https://lacrus.org/2021/04/29/russia-and-mexico-a-new-round-of-interaction/?lang=en

During the Cold War Russia's spies were based in Mexico City. Perhaps they are reformenting that relationship against the US. 

At this point I'm willing to include alienating the US relationship with Mexico as another deliverable Trump was to provide Putin so that Russia could cozy up to our Southern neighbors. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Isn't it amazing how most people can tell exactly what he's going to say without even listening and others seem to still eat this crap for dinner?

I have friends that recommended Joel Olsteen. We watched him and after 10 minutes I told my wife this dude is not for real. She agreed. The friends quit watching eventually. Sometimes its like a pyramid scheme or self help pitch. Lots of people fall for those. 

• Plus1 1

Ukraine has modern aircraft, they just don't have enough. Russia has something like 15 times more combat aircraft than UKR. If the Ukrainians put their combat aircraft into action they'd be shot out of the sky due to sheer numbers.

Ukraine's best hope is that Russia gets bogged down in urban warfare. Lock every door. Set traps and ambushes. Bleed them and make them fight for every floor, every apartment, every room. Get as much of this on video as possible and show it to the world.

That convoy is getting to Kyiv and there's almost nothing the Ukrainians can do to stop it. But that was never their plan.